• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When can i start bonding Minky and Monkey?(Leeds35 bunnies)

Anniebirdy

Alpha Buck
hello peeps, and gathering in guidance once again :) (My golden rule is 'First do no harm')

When can I start to bond little Minky (spayed on wednesday just gone) and sweet little Monkey, as yet un-nuetered and hung like a horse... (I have never seen a set of tackle like it on a male rabbit!)
I hate them being alone in their rooms, but both buns have been victims of enough savage bites to last them a lifetime, so of course, the last thing I want to do is be resonsible for yet more harm coming to ether of these buns.
Minky is full of life and running around happily since her recent surgery, and her stitches are done in the 'internal' way, so they are not on top of her skin.
Monkey in particular seems a bit lonely and sad, so the sooner I can sfaely start to re-introduce these buns the better I think. They have met, but not been bonded. It is believed Monkey sired a littler of Minky's kitts in previous address.
I have a totally nuetral room (small bathroom) or, I have a basic back yard which all the buns hgave run round in but never together.
I just want to get this right because the little loves have been through enough.
Many thanks in advance for any help offered in order to make me a worthy mum who dosent make silly errors that puts ether bun at risk x

Best wait until the boy is neutered and then the girl should be over her op. Give the boy a wwwk or ten days to recover then you can try putting them together in a neutral area. It takes much longer for their hormones to calm down and this may make it more difficult to bond them but you may be lucky. As long as they are now in a loving home there is no big hurry. Good luck.

Back