• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Litter tray

tasherd

Warren Scout
My 2 rabbits Lucy and Jack live in a two storey cage together and have done for about 6 months now, we got them a litter tray and was using it normally, but recently they are hardly using it at all so I got another one and they wont use that one either, any ideas why and what I can do because I have to clean their cage every other day now which is very annoying as it is so big! Please help!

Do you put hay intheir litter trays? Because they like to chew their hay while sitting in them. Are they both neutered as that helps them be clean. This is a bad time of year to expect perfection from them, even when neutered. I have many hutches to clean out every day but I do it because I love them and dont want them sitting in a mess.

I don't know loads about bunnies in general but Ozzie was an un-neutered male, just over 1 year when i got him. He didn't like a low sided litter tray (I soon got rid of that when he decided to use the kitchen wall instead!! :shock:). i cut the short side off a washing up bowl & he used that in his pen. He also loved his underbed storage box (tesco £4), for free ranging. It had a thin layer of megazorb & a load of hay in it. I'd say to leave a few poos in it when you clean it so that they know theyre supposed to go there. I've read that if it's too clean they may not use it. Hope that helps.

Back