• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Driving Me Crazy!

Bellikinz

Warren Scout
I'm at my wits end about what to do with Theo.
I love him. But at the same time I hate him. We neutered him and give him attention but he never quits. He's tiny and cute but he makes me bleed from scratches and pees everywhere and he's an all around unpleasant bunny to have around the house.

By the way, I've had a few rabbits and none had such a difficult temperament. I don't know what to do. :cry:
I could move him outside into a 6ft hutch with Morgan if I can bond them, or bond Morgan with Tucker (whom is very friendly to people but tried to fight Theo before, and is also unneutered)

I desperately need help. My family is frustrated to no end by the smell he causes, and I don't know what to do either...

Can you tell us a bit more about his indoor setup? Also is there any other animals who share his area, even at differing times?

Most rabbits will scratch and kick out when held, it's very unnatural for them so try not to handle him too much. :) if you have to try wearing long sleeves and gloves.

I'm at my wits end about what to do with Theo.
I love him. But at the same time I hate him. We neutered him and give him attention but he never quits. He's tiny and cute but he makes me bleed from scratches and pees everywhere and he's an all around unpleasant bunny to have around the house.

By the way, I've had a few rabbits and none had such a difficult temperament. I don't know what to do. :cry:
I could move him outside into a 6ft hutch with Morgan if I can bond them, or bond Morgan with Tucker (whom is very friendly to people but tried to fight Theo before, and is also unneutered)

I desperately need help. My family is frustrated to no end by the smell he causes, and I don't know what to do either...

Is Morgan neutered? Maybe Theo would be happier with a friend. Also, how old is Theo?
Have you tried litter training?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to shed some light :wave:

I found most of Fiver's behavioral problems were down to boredom. I got him a wifebun and he calmed down quite a bit but he still needs a lot of stimulation to keep him from being destructive and aggressive. He's hard work but he's worth it. I hope you find something to distract him from his naughty behavior :)

He lives right near Tucker right now (not neutered bun) which I would have put the blame on for Theo peeing, but even before they lived close together- on a separate level of the house!- Theodore would jump around and as he jumped a squirt of wee would shoot everywhere, often. Not fun. :roll:

Theo is indeed litter trained, but he poops everywhere he likes...

We have a cube condo started and I'd like to put one or a pair of them in there. Morgan has lived outdoors all her life, so I could try bonding her with Theo and keeping Tucker inside. Initially I was hoping to keep all bunnies indoors for convenience. Then Tucker came along, I was going to foster him but I've fallen in love and don't know what to do now we have an extra bunny!

The wee squirting is called spraying and is classic territorial behaviour. He can smell an unneutered bunny and so he is marking his territory.

It may be possible to bond them all in a trio but they need to all be neutered. Until they are all neutered or kept out of each others sight you will never get a litter trained rabbit. All mine are neutered but as they are only bonded into pairs not a quad if Nutmeg sees Mini she will spray or do a wee at the edge of her territory to warn Mini off.

Unneutered buns are almost impossible to litter train, they spray unrine to mark their territory. Without getting him neutered, you are always gonna have the wee problem. I would strongly suggest getting all your buns neutered, that way to a) no more weeie problems and b) you can try to bond them together so that they have each others company and don't to get bored.

Back