• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'd be lying if I said it was easy... but....

chul

Staff member
I have just spent the past hour and a half doing this in my hallway :love:

20120414_125706.jpg

:love:

And a few from as I was doing it....

20120414_121426.jpg

20120414_121751.jpg

20120414_123930.jpg

20120414_122156.jpg

Last edited:
So pretty! If we weren't in rented accommodation, I would sooo do the same in my room xP I love teal too! Did you make the stencils yourself? :love:

So pretty! If we weren't in rented accommodation, I would sooo do the same in my room xP I love teal too! Did you make the stencils yourself? :love:

My house is rented too, but my landlord said we can decorate however we want! No, I bought them off ebay! Right faff to put them on though, but worth it!

I've got that same one in chocolate brown in my bedroom! :D:D And I've got dandelions in my loo. :lol::lol: I'm looking for something for the living room now but nothing's taken my fancy so far. :(

We have something similar in our hallway. The previous owner did it. I hated it at first but now I really like it.

Hallway.jpg

There are also glow in the dark stars on the roof :)

That's lovely! :love: I'd love something like that in my room but not allowed to change the wallpaper.

My friend has just redecorated her living room and used the same type of thing, it looks lovely. She got hers off ebay, if you put "wall art" in the search there is loads that come up. I'm tempted to look for some for our bedrooms.

I've got that same one in chocolate brown in my bedroom! :D:D And I've got dandelions in my loo. :lol::lol: I'm looking for something for the living room now but nothing's taken my fancy so far. :(

Awesome!! I want one for our bathroom now, but not sure how it would cope in the damp!

Awesome!! I want one for our bathroom now, but not sure how it would cope in the damp!

I'm not 100% sure tbh. They're pretty inexpensive though so maybe try a little one first and see if it falls off the wall. :lol::lol:

I have just got a dandielion transfer for my wall, was hoping that it would be easy to apply.

I think they are lovely.

love the birds - it looks very crisp - is it a stencil that you paint or a transfer?

We have a HUGE plain wall between the 1st and 2nd floors (loft conversion) and flying birds would be great on it.

I have just got a dandielion transfer for my wall, was hoping that it would be easy to apply.

No offence meant to chul :oops: but I found them really easy to apply. (sorry chul!)

I think it took about 30 mins max. and that was with me faffing. The key is to apply it gradually from one edge I think, keeping it taut so that you don't get any bubbles/wrinkles. If you do go a bit wrong though it should peel back up so you can start again, as long as you haven't pressed it down firmly.

Very appropriate given the diuretic properties of Dandelions :D

No offence meant to chul :oops: but I found them really easy to apply. (sorry chul!)

I think it took about 30 mins max. and that was with me faffing. The key is to apply it gradually from one edge I think, keeping it taut so that you don't get any bubbles/wrinkles. If you do go a bit wrong though it should peel back up so you can start again, as long as you haven't pressed it down firmly.

That sounds more promising then :)

I have the wall transfers, a nice new metal wall art, new lights and new furniture for the room, but the walls are not even finished getting plastered yet :)!

Back