• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Great Escape...

tasteofchaos

Mama Doe
I picked up my new rabbits from the rescue a week ago Friday, so I have now had them 8 days. They are 3 REW boys, 12 month old mix breed Bobby, 8 month old New Zealand Russell and 5 month old Californian x Ice.
They live in my room, but until they are litter trained have an indoor area they are in when I'm not in the room, it is a very large playpen. I had used it for my giant girl before, with no problems. Yesterday afternoon my dad calls me from upstairs to say all the buns are out. I went up, put them back in, and assumed I hadn't locked the door properly. They came out for a play in the afternoon, then last night I stayed at my partners house (with my parents bunny supervising!). I checked them before I left, all in the cage, fine. Got a phone call from my mum this morning to say that she went to give them breakfast and they were all out again. She managed to put them back in, and assuming they were opening the door, barackaded it, this was about half 7. Went downstairs and heard a thump, and then a scurry across my room. Went upstairs and Ice was miraculously out and running around my room. She put him back in and called me to come and sort them out. By the time she was off the phone, he was back out again! Given the height of the cage I think he must have been climbing out (don't think he could have jumped it, but it is always a possibility) and then running around and opening the door for the other two to get out! Blooming rabbits! He is such a clever little boy, I couldn't believe he went round and let the other two out. Have put the cover of the run over it so he can't get over it and he is still in... for now!

Back