• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh Smoo

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
She's got small poos again. :?
Both coincide with trips to the vet. I know she has an abscess at the moment but it doesn't seem to be causing her too much trouble (she's having treatment for it) so I think it must be the travel. They're slowly getting bigger again as they did last time. She used to be such a good traveller and would come on seven hour trips with me to Manchester to visit family a couple of times a year. I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. Grim will have to go to the vets on his own but I don't know how I'll see my family without taking them. The only person I trust enough to look after them with all of Grim's medication is allergic to penicillin, which he has.

If you were closer I would've given you some of mine :(
Maybe try another type of food like grass ?

I've got some apple branches to temp her but they need scrubbing and I've been putting oats in her hay. Thanks for the offer. I'll get some of the stuff from Sainsburys I think, that was lovely and green last time.

I've got some apple branches to temp her but they need scrubbing and I've been putting oats in her hay. Thanks for the offer. I'll get some of the stuff from Sainsburys I think, that was lovely and green last time.

Kool, I hope she's on the mend soon :wave:

Can you provide accommodation? We could possibly take them for you short term if you need someone to look after them. But would need to be careful as Widget has reacted badly to new rabbits close by. So we might have to do a trial run to see if boarding them with us would be feasible. :D

Can you provide accommodation? We could possibly take them for you short term if you need someone to look after them. But would need to be careful as Widget has reacted badly to new rabbits close by. So we might have to do a trial run to see if boarding them with us would be feasible. :D

That's a wonderful offer. :D
The only thing I'd be worried about is Grim being contagious. And he's also not vaccinated. :?

I do have a dog crate but it's only a 3ft one and I'm not sure if their hutch is transportable without a van. It was so easy when they could come with me.

But the Sainsbury's hay is going down well. :D

That's a wonderful offer. :D
The only thing I'd be worried about is Grim being contagious. And he's also not vaccinated. :?

I do have a dog crate but it's only a 3ft one and I'm not sure if their hutch is transportable without a van. It was so easy when they could come with me.

But the Sainsbury's hay is going down well. :D

:thumb:

Jolleyes do some really nice meadow hay at the moment.

What is it that Grimm has?

Are you ready for the list. :mrgreen:

The contagious bit is that he has snuffles, probably pasteurella although it's not been tested (too risky to take him off antibiotics to do that).
He also has blocked tear ducts and is prone to eye infections and ulcers.
He also has no front teeth and is missing most of his back teeth. He has elongated and deformed tooth roots, which is linked to the tear ducts. So he can't eat hay. Now most of his teeth are falling out it's sorting out the root problem but obviously he still can't eat hay or hard food. He only has one or two molars on each gum. One side is missing all the molars at the bottom. He eats soggy pellets, soggy oats and bread (with baytril hidden in it). And can't/won't eat anything else. So he has a bit of a funny tummy/ squishy poos from lack of fibre. The fibre pellets just don't give him enough fibre to make them worthwhile. He has eye drops, baytril, penicillin injections and has to be fed separate from Smoo. I was leaving food out for him while he was ill and she had her abscess (in case it was painful for her to eat hay at the time) but Smoo has ballooned and is in desperate need of loosing weight now. So that has started this week with a mostly hay diet. So what I'm planning to do is feed Grim on his own every three/four hours and leave food out for both of them at night. This is going to be fine while I'm studying at home, but when I get a proper job I have no idea how I'll feed Grim that often. :?

Anyway I went of on a tangent there. :oops:
he's got snuffles was the short answer. :wave:

Ah I see. :( Poor bun! Sprocket was diagnosed with Pseudomonas soon after we got him, but that's cleared up now. Widget also had some sort of snuffles but we never got a diagnosis on that. But that's cleared up too. :)

Back