• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Washing the buns fleeces

Kirsty2oo9

Alpha Buck
How do you all do it without *clogging* up your washing machines? surely if you put the fleeces in a pillow case all the bits will just fall out :S x

I shake them on the lawn the chuck them in the machine. I haven't blocked the machine yet but I always have furry clothes come out the machine after - even if I have done an empty rinse after washing blankets!!

Last edited:
It takes a while but I wet my hands and 'wipe' the fluff off first, before washing them. It seems to work, although do still get fluffy clothes in the next wash :lol: I don't mind but OH isn't that impressed with fluffy boxers! :lol:

If you do it in a pillow case all the bits stay inside, ensure you do a good shake out before and then at least any debris which is clean can then be reshook out. This saves either blocking the filter or covering your own clothes after wards

I also tend to quickly brush things down with a pet hair eraser, basically a big foamy rubber block, before washing because otherwise I find every blanket I put in gets covered in fur.

It takes a while but I wet my hands and 'wipe' the fluff off first, before washing them. It seems to work, although do still get fluffy clothes in the next wash :lol: I don't mind but OH isn't that impressed with fluffy boxers! :lol:

I de-fluff my blankets this way too, it works very well. :thumb:

Back