• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I was up half the night with Timmy :(

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
At around 10.30 last night he suddenly started shifting uncomfortably and refusing food. I had him on the bed with a hot water bottle, giving him tummy massages and syringing water until 1am. He had done a few poos by that point (which were furry-hes moulting so I think he was having a problem passing fur) but still wasnt eating. I went to bed for an hour then got back up and offered him some hay which he thankfully ate. When I got up again at 6 he demanded his breakfast as usual.
Hes still eating ok now but his poos are small so his gut is still sluggish. Vet in the morning I think.
We're all exhausted now so can we please have some positive vibes. I hardly slept even when I tried because I was so worried about him. When I dreamt I had a nightmare that he died, my precious angel :cry::cry::cry:

Poor wee Timmy, I hope he feels better soon but know how you feel. Might your vet give you a wee stash of meds to use in case it happens again?

fingers crossed he gets better soon...do you have something called "catalax" there? our vet says that when our buns are moulting to put a tiny amount on their front paw ..it helps with the passing of hair.;)

Poor wee Timmy, I hope he feels better soon but know how you feel. Might your vet give you a wee stash of meds to use in case it happens again?

I have an almost full bottle of Metacloperamide but Im reluctant to give that without my vet examining him first. My vet wont let me have supply of Metacam as he has issues with it :roll:

Thanks so much for the vibes x

fingers crossed he gets better soon...do you have something called "catalax" there? our vet says that when our buns are moulting to put a tiny amount on their front paw ..it helps with the passing of hair.;)

Ooh Im not sure, I'll definatly ask my vet about that. My Charlotte always struggles when shes moulting aswell :(

Back