• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ants' nest in area buns sometimes access

sierra*323

Mama Doe
It is in a hole under the sill on my patio doors :shock:

The buns can access it when they're out in the garden, but it's nowhere near the hutch or attached run. If I ant powder it this evening when they go back home, how long do you think I'll need to leave it before they can free range again? Would it be safe if I powdered it today and poured boiling water on the area to clean it tomorrow? They won't be out for a few days anyway as they only explore when supervised and I have awkward shifts coming up.

Don't know what to do, the ants are becoming a problem when the patio doors are open on sunny days :oops:
Any bun safe suggestions?

Hiya,
ive been having a similar problem with ants in my house where my buns free range. Theyre driving me crazy! :evil:
I did some research yesterday and found that ants hate cinnamon, cloves, garlic, salt and peppermint. Today I found the source of the problem, a hole in the wall and put abit of everything around it. Seems to be working, i'll keep you updated :wave:

Back