• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Returned Rabbit :(

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
our rabbit rehoming is at an all time low and today it was added to by little Margot being returned :cry:
she has turned out to be a digger and escape artist and her new owner couldn't cope

so now another home is needed for her

margota.jpg

How silly- all bunnie are diggers! Straws would never get a home if everyone was like that- he is houdini when it comes to escape plans! He can now get out of his own set up and in to Snowdrops!

Rabbits dig??? :shock: and try to escape?? :shock::roll:

Poor little girl, returned for being a normal rabbit. I really hope you find her a new home. rescuing can be so hard sometimes.

You are doing a great job though, dont get too down

Hugs for you and the gorgeous Margot

That's a shame, she's such a sweetie!

She wasn't bonded was she?

I hope she is settling back into life at the rescue okay.

Rabbits dig??? :shock: and try to escape?? :shock::roll:

Poor little girl, returned for being a normal rabbit. I really hope you find her a new home. rescuing can be so hard sometimes.

You are doing a great job though, dont get too down

Hugs for you and the gorgeous Margot

:shock::shock::shock::( I agree...thats just being a bunny....bless her- she is gorgeous - well hopefully she will find a forever home where she can be a bunny and its ok!

Huge hugs xxxx you do such a great job xxx

I should definitely return Apple then. Both Sam (Bluesmum) and I have tried to build a crate and pen to contain her but she continues to escape. I just can't see how. There is a lid on her run and the bars are far too narrow for her to get through. There are no gaps anywhere - Sam even used cable ties to fix the run to the lino and the roof to the run and the run to the crate.

I think Apple is a magic bunny - but it is exhausting trying to catch her. The sooner she and her sister and Mum can go outside the happier I will be but how Sam and I are going to design an Apple proof run I have absolutely no idea.

So sad.Hopefully she will find her forever home.
The way humans behave about animals makes me really upset.
I could never give an animal up for something that comes naturallyto them.
Where would we be without rescues who give so much care ,love and time to unwanted
bunnies.
:love::love:

Part of the reason she was sent back..apart from digging and escaping was they have an older neutered giant who they bonded with Margot..fine to begin with..but he is showing his age and gradually they never spent time together..Margot always off "on the town" and him staying in with his horlicks! The owners said they never fought but never sat together either:cry:

where is your rescue?

Hi :wave: Where in the country is your rescue? We want to rescue a girl bun but we are in Swindon Wiltshire :wave:

Hi :wave: Where in the country is your rescue? We want to rescue a girl bun but we are in Swindon Wiltshire :wave:

We are in Leicester but rehome nationally..bunny runs can be arranged to get a rabbit to you
Can you e mail me honeybunnysr@aol.com with your name, RU name! and details of your set up and contact numbers etc :)
Aswell as Margot we have a number of other lovely does
look forward to your e mail!

we have 2 bunnies returning after failed bondings ... :(

such a shame ...she ios beautiful too :love:

Well you are definitely 100% not getting Orinoco back!

Poor girl, she can't possibly be a digger with that pristeen whiteness, must be all lies! Hope she gets another home really soon.

Back