• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long for insurance claim?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Hi all

Does anyone remember roughly how long it takes Petplan to pay out after you hand the forms in? I'm skint this month and very much looking forward to getting my money back :oops: :oops:

It is usually within a couple of weeks as long as you have completed the forms and provided all the information they require. They normally send you a reference number fairly quickly and you can phone them and ask how long they will take to assess your claim.

About 2 weeks - they usually text me once they receive the claim from the vets and then its posted out 10 days after that.

However - its often the vets who take ages to fill in and send the claim - as they are so busy with everything else that the claims get delayed (which is understandable but frustrating if its a BIG claim - and many of ours are:shock:)

Back