• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Noticeboard....

binkybunnyox

Warren Scout
Hi :wave:

I work in a veterinary surgery and have been asked to do a rabbit noticeboard, I have sections in diet, housing, vaccines, worming/flea treatments, neutering and insurance.

Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what else I could include :) ?

Ps. pictures of your buns houses etc would be made welcome, as Im intrested in steering our people away from the 'normal' hutch in the garden...bigger is better !

Thanks x

OOh!! How great.

I think it would be great to talk about rabbit needs and preferences such as living with a mate, bonding advice, what food you can give them from the country side, that kind of thing too.

Good luck with it.

If I can work out how to use photo bucket, I will send you pics of my buns enclosures

You could include a section about bonding and the importance of keeping animals in pairs or groups. You could also include statistics regarding the number of rabbits in rescue each year, 35,000 I believe but someone running a rescue will be able to confirm. Cover life expectancy and annual costs of upkeep. Hope this helps, good luck.

I would suggest having a look through our rabbit care sections especially the stickies there is some great info there :D

Thanks everyone :D

Will be trying to include most of your suggestions ! but I do only have limited space :( I think I could take over the full waiting room with rabbity things :lol:

Hope you figure out photo bucket bungle bunny :D as I would like to get the message across about bunny housing, when I tell people that most hutches sold in pet shops are not adequate size for a bunny, then go on to tell them that i have a free range house bunny, they look at me as if im a crazy person :shock:

Was thinking of mailing some rabbit rescues to see if they had any leaflets/posters that I could display will also ask about statistics as you suggested loulou84 :thumb:

any pictures of your buns would be greatly appreciated :D x

It might be worth pming Sky-O as she put together a fabulous display board for her local RSPCA and she used many photos etc from RUers!

Would love to see Sky-O's display as Im starting to get myself in a bit of flap :oops:
Theres just so much stuff i feel people should know and not enough space !

Thanks loulou84 :) i dont have a printer to print them atm...will have to invest in a new one !

Bunny behavior
Grooming (nails, hair)
Toys
How to bunny proof a house
Pairing/bonding
Seasonal care. How to prepare for winter and summer.
Internet links for where you can buy good sized hutches?
The rabbit forum website?? ;)

Uhhh and oh yeah pictures too of housing, what diseases and problems rabbits can get (although that might be too graphic) and of paired bunnies cuddling :3

Back