• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Furby to the vet at 5.40 pm

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
I've noticed a little less enthusiasm over noms from Furby over the last couple of days and horror of horror there were some pellets left from last night in the hutch at breakfast time this morning. I gave him some dandelion leaves and he nommed those down so I think he may well need another dental (he has had two already).

Faye stopped eating as much last time Furby needed a dental and I think this is happening again. They have a very close bond.

Furby is one of the Lymington buns who is deaf and Faye will be going with him as she is his ears.

I hope he doesn't need a dental as funds are tight at the moment. My car is at the garage today and I am getting a lift to the vet.

Vibes for Furby would be appreciated. He hates the vet but I am not going to risk leaving him until Monday in case he goes into stasis.

Thank you all.

Furby's teeth did need doing. There was blood at the back of his mouth. The vet asked if I was OK leaving it until Monday and I said I would prefer not to, thinking he would do it tomorrow and he said he would do it tonight. I left Furby and Faye with the vet, my friend took me to Tesco to get a drink, and then we went back to collect him at 6.50 pm.

The vet said he has very few teeth at the back - they seem to have disappeared, which is really odd. He also found some pus. I have to give him Baytril and Metacam. Furby is very lively and seems absolutely fine but I cancelled going to drama so I can stay home and keep an eye on him. Fortunately, I picked lots of nommy dandelion leaves today on the way to and from the garage so he has something soft and yummy to eat.

Furby nommed some more dandelion leaves this morning:love:

As long as he is eating something I am not concerned that it is just soft food. Will watch him a little more carefully tomorrow to see if he is eating any hay but for today I am just happy he is eating and I don't need to syringe feed.

He looks a lot less 'sad' now too. I should have taken him to the vet sooner but it was only yesterday that he stopped eating pellets.

Back