• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

when does spring fever end??

MichG

Mama Doe
As the title says.

When will my bunnies go back to normal? Their crazy spring behaviour is driving me mad!!! So much chasing, humping, digging and biting!!! It has turned the sweetest of my buns into a complete psycho!! She is neutered and about 14 months old.

Never known spring fever to affect them so much like it has this year!

Last edited:
I'm not sure, mine were affected by it on and off from February to mid-July last year :roll: But each bunny is different. Also my doe isn't spayed so naturally she keeps going for quite some time.

My male has gone bonkers this year  I've been getting up at 7am to let them out into the garden so she can run about more to get away from him  they have plenty of stools and tunnels an ramps where she runs an hides from him I usually watch em while about 9:30-10am then he finally lies down so I fasten em back up then I usually let them back into the garden when he starts chasing her again around 6pm and I have just this minute come inside after feeding them an locking em back up  I hope he gets fed up soon bet poor little violet is sick of him now 

My violet just runs away and gets under a stool lol but when he don't chase her I noticed tonight she teases him goes back upto him licks his face turns her bum to him and just as he's about to climb she's bombs off again nawty bunny 

Come on who put something in the water.....my 2 are driving me mad.

I'm on the verge of seperating them before a mass brawl breaks out. Hump alot McVitie is chasing 24/7 he just won't give it a rest! I'm sure Misty will turn soon because she is getting tired of running away....BUT she needs to stop teasing him by wiggling her tail at him. Its like a bull to a red flag ....tut:roll:

Mr Fluffers is at it too, nipping and chasing me, turning his poop tray upside down, wrecking his joint. Gawd thought the neutering would have eased the spring fever in my lot but alas nope.:(

Last edited:
Lol

hahaha idk these Barnsley does mines the same hahaha must be summat in the water 
Wonder if the vet does rabbit Bromide Jk 

Last edited:
hahaha idk these Barnsley does mines the same hahaha must be summat in the water 
Wonder if the vet does rabbit Bromide Jk 

Bromide? Tell me more don't wish to sound dopey but what does that do? I'd try anything for peace and tranquility to resume.

Lavender is supposed to have a calming effect, although the half hundred weight I have parked outside their pads is clearly not taking effect.:lol:

I might have got that wrong I was always told Bromide was given to males to stop the urge 

My buck, Fiver has gone crazy this year :shock: He has started calming down now but not much. He's been chasing poor Xena and nipping her bum, charging at me, BITING me (which he has never done before) and growling at everything and everyone. I thought he was ill/in pain but there seems to be nothing wrong apart from his mood. He had an unusually large moult a few months ago and it seems he was at his peak of angryness just afterwards. I'm hoping his temper will continue to improve lol. I can't deal with being attacked everytime I walk into my bedroom! :shock: :lol:

Glad to hear it is not just me having issues. Isabelle is chasing Jasper almost constantly. No real aggression and they aren't fighting, but she is grunting a lot and wagging her tail at him. He has a poorly leg so could really do without being chased all the time!! I am thinking of splitting them if she hasn't stopped by the end of the weekend! They just don't stop :roll:. Poppy has become really grouchy towards everyone and Chloe is chasing Rupert. Indoors Snoopy has turned really humpy.

I really hope this doesn't last until December otherwise I might end up with 11 single buns if the chasing etc continues :shock::lol:

My 2 are now sleeping lol after he's chased her for near on 3 hrs round the garden , round the plant pots under the stools up the ramps but she still goes back upto him and nudges him for more the buggas 

My 2 are now sleeping lol after he's chased her for near on 3 hrs round the garden , round the plant pots under the stools up the ramps but she still goes back upto him and nudges him for more the buggas 

Mine are now snoozing nose to nose. I can't work out if they are actually annoyed by each other or not.

I guess they will quieten down soon when spring fever floats on by lol I don't think the female would keep going back up to him if she was annoyed she teases him most the time let's hope they get fed up sooner rather than later 

Back