• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Are vets still giving single vaccinations?

tasteofchaos

Mama Doe
Got my rescue bunnies last week. All are neutered and myxi jabs up to date, but due to cost they didn't have their VHD jabs done. One of them got his top up myxi the day before I got him, and I've always been told you should wait 2 weeks betweent them, so was planning on booking it in for a couple of weeks. But then I realised, with the combined jab, do they still do the individual ones? Just rung up the vets to ask but just got an engaged line, so thought I would ask here. If not, not sure what to do, they've all had their myxi jabs within the last 2 months. Thanks!

yep ours is...the babies had their myxo two weeks ago and are having their VHD saturday morning...my older buns are having their myxo saturday morning and will have seperate VHD later in the year. My vet said they wont be offering the combined untill next year.

Yep mine is for now they looking into getting the new one soon mine have to go Monday for theirs 

combined jabs

Just rang a new vet who is a specialiast in Rabbits and they are doing the combined. Last year my bun had v.bad reaction to Cylap..does anyone know if cylap is in this combined jab?? Dont wanna give him that ever again!!! :wave:

Just rang a new vet who is a specialiast in Rabbits and they are doing the combined. Last year my bun had v.bad reaction to Cylap..does anyone know if cylap is in this combined jab?? Dont wanna give him that ever again!!! :wave:

The new jab is not the same as cylap it is completely different so having a reaction to cylap doesn't mean your bun will have a reaction to the new jab.

Our vet is still offering single jabs but his preference is the new jab because it offers much better protection against myxi and doesn't need a 6 month booster.

Back