• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training....

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
How exactly do you litter train rabbits, the quad sort of did it themselves until they deemed the bed as fair game..?

Ulffy was really good at using his litter tray outdoors, but since ive bought him in he has un litter trained himself and i have had to jump up and scrub the carpet after him :/

I was told if you keep them locked in the cage for 24hours with the litter tray they use that as their prefered corner??

any other ideas?

What I did/ do is wait and see which corner they start using most then I scoop up the wee/poo and place it in the litter tray in that preferred corner and luckily mine have just started jumping into the litter tray 

Sadly my 3 boys haven't got the message and I am slowly giving up. I put their tray in, not used. Waited for them to find their corner, put the weeie hay in, put the litter tray there... voila? Oh no no. They then decide they want to wee somebody else. So i go through the whole thing again... and they change where they want to wee again. This is the foruth time it has happened. Blooming boys! My girl litter trained herself, put it in, she knew thats where she had to pee, even peed in the same spot in the litter tray every time! Mind you, she also had a thing for weeing on my pillow, including once whilst I was sleeping on it... swings and roundabouts eh!?!

Buns like to chew where they poo :D

So only put food (ideally hay) where you want them to toilet :D i.e. litter bowl lined with newspaper & filled with hay. No hay anywhere else :wave:

What I did/ do is wait and see which corner they start using most then I scoop up the wee/poo and place it in the litter tray in that preferred corner and luckily mine have just started jumping into the litter tray 

Buns like to chew where they poo :D

So only put food (ideally hay) where you want them to toilet :D i.e. litter bowl lined with newspaper & filled with hay. No hay anywhere else :wave:

I've done both of these. Oidhche was trained when she came to be so automatically did the latter, whilst others have had to be more 'trained' as in the first quote.

Some tidily do it in one corner/pile, others do not! :lol: I just picked up every single poo and soaked kitchen roll in their urine and stuck it in the tray. They all get the hang of it eventually.

I found with Nutmeg that it wasn't such a good idea to be sweeping them up every five minutes cos she would just re-mark with more. But Nutmeg is a bit of a case :roll:

Thanks guys i have nuetralised all patches hes gone to and put the hay filled litter tray on(both) his fave wee spot(s). everytime he poops im up like a shotgun grabbig it and dropping it in the tray, im awaiting a wee on the tray but i fear Ulfric is much like Lord spenser and is a little Aloof about people seeing him do his thing.. :lol::lol:

Back