• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help with funding for neutering 3 male dwarf lop-eared bunnies.

SNERT2583

New Kit
Both my wife and myself are termanally ill so we cant work there-for money is scarce. After loosing our 2 cats about 9 months ago through an hereaditary disesse my wife was totally heart broken, so i got her 2 baby dwarf lop-eared bunnies. 1 male named brare and 1 female named beauty. The inevertable hapened and beauty got pregnant before we could get brare seen to.so we have snow drop & morning mist both females, & poridge & squidgy both males. Can any one surgest a animal charity that could help us out towards the funding to have all 3 males neutered. We have all the accomadation sorted out, so we intend to keep them all. Just seeing the love in my wifes (linzi) eyes is so loving to them is worth me giving up smoking to pay for all there needs.i would be totally indepted to any one that could help us. But we need to act fast other wise we will have to give them away to friends or the pet shop.thanks in advance, dave.

Hi Dave,
I believe the RSPCA offers subsidised neutering - often they will give you a voucher to use towards the cost. If you click on the 'In your area' tab on the RSPCA home page you can search for your local branch & give them a call to find out. http://www.rspca.org.uk/home :D:wave:

The suggestions above are a great idea.
If you are only going to get half of them done, it is better to get the females done if possible, because female rabbits have a very high level of uterine cancer. However, spaying is more expensive than neutering, so if you can't afford it, still get the male rabbits neutered, as then they can be bonded.
Hope you get the funds!

Back