• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sox been to vets (update)

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
and before took him had recorded his weight and body temperature, and the lady was a differnt vet but seemed to know her stuff, she even asked if was
in the medicine liine of work as i had done his temp and checked his tummy sounds with stethoscope :oops: said since losing locksley last year, i won;t take any risks with rabbits

she asked if his droppings where ok, as i mentioned he hasn;t really wee'd on his waterproof mat, he had been going lke he wanted to wee but nothing today,
i said his dropping where fine today nice ones but few days earlier they where very very small, she said she could feel very small ones in him which why she asked
so she gave him some fluids and appetite stimular injection, he is to have me try and give him fluids by mouth now every 2 hours if he will take it, and check up at vets again tomorrow afternoon

nan really needs to think of what she says before she says it though, to me, saying what causes it, i said it could be anything wth rabbits they are delicate, and then she said i havn't had much luck with last few as they are house rabbits :cry: trying to say that maybe they arent immune enough, she then said although other 2 where ok meaning mowgli and rose, although in house, but she must of forgot mowgli was admitted with gi statis at just under 2years old, rosie was clever if ever she had tummy upset she used to relieve it herself by pushing herself accross floor on belly, and it always worked

i said think many rabbts outdoor in hutches people wont know anything is wrong, tehn she tried going on about cousins rabbts outdoors, in hutch saying they may be more immune as not house rabbits :cry::cry: yeah they are in small hutch in all weathers and never been vaccinated, she had a rabbit die of gi statis as she didn;t take it vets when it was ill she forgets all that, and one kllled in bad weather broken neck in wnd when hutch destoyed

then she tred sayng i feed them all best stuff but t stll keeps happenng, mabel got better, look at her now, and she forgets locksley had an accident and fell :cry:
then said to me after these not to get anymore to get a dog instead :roll: , its not up to her its my life, and sox and mabel are going to remain with me for as long as possible

Last edited:
Awwwww I hope Sox feels better soon. It sounds as though he may have a bit of a bladder infection maybe ?

I know what you mean about some people not thinking before they speak :roll:

Sending vibes for Sox :love:

I am so sorry to hear that Sox is poorly. You are a very good extra caring rabbit mummy. Rabbits are fragile little creatures and certainly some more than others. You do everything humanly possible to give them the best life that they can possibly have. You know that, your bunnies know that and us RUers know that. That is what counts. Hugs for you and vibes for Sox.

Awwwww I hope Sox feels better soon. It sounds as though he may have a bit of a bladder infection maybe ?

I know what you mean about some people not thinking before they speak :roll:

Sending vibes for Sox :love:

thansk jane yeah thats what me and the vet where thinking, poor little man, i will give hm best care i can, vet asked how i knew soo much stuff, i said i learnt
it all from years having buns and time on here and an extra special lady (you), who knows alot about bunnies :wave:

there was another lady in picking her rabbit up, he has to have regular dentals, i heard her say to nurse if they could recommened anyone for boardng,
i said to her to look up kay at bunnyhops on internet :thumb:
vet nurse then realsed i was in and said she should of thought to ask me if knew of any :oops:

I often wonder whether it is being outdoors that has made Snowdrops gut condition so much better, or if it's that I am not constantly sat with her watching her every move so picking up on her illness more.

Which ever the reason the only time Snowdrop goes into stasis now is when she goes into the boarding during the summer. The rest f the year she usually remains stasis free. When she lived inside she would have around 2 episodes a month.

sox been back to vets, had some more fluids and another njecton, also some metacam, and got some science recovery, although he is stll eating
vet said she could still feel string of pearls in him, and his poo is still tiny compared to usual, and sometimes looks like he going and doesn;t or only a few

he passed his water (wee) ok last night so that seems to be ok

nan read what posted on her facebook page and lstened, when i said why we lost locksley, she just said she was worried sox would go same way, but he is bright in himself, whereas lox wasn;t his was due to acciddent and he wasn;t eating or bright in himself, she said he is the fabist rabbit she has ever treated

sox went back today later at end of surgery as i had docs app and the vet was pleased with progress and could feel a few small poo's still but also usual siiize ones in hm, so repeated fluids and metacam and emeprid, and to go back tomorrow see if he needs it repeating or not but his temp is back to normal now

aww, ml1, i've only just seen this. i'm sorry sox is ill and that your gran gave you a hard time. lots of love to sox and many healing vibes. be strong, you love your bunnies very much and they know it.

:oops: Sorry I missed this - I've not been on as much the last couple of weeks.

Very pleased that Sox seems better. :love:

Back