• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

White rabbits

My sister has a West Highland Terrier which, as you know, are white. Her paws and mouth go brown due to some problem she has but my sister bought some special bleach from the vet and it's fab! Try your vet; they may have an idea.

By the way, the bunnies in your signature are absolutely gorgeous, particularly the black one; s/he looks like s/he's made of velvet!

How did he get stains on his back? :shock:

My Barney's feet get discoloured, just from his litter tray and the floor I think, and I havent found a way to get them white - washing wont get out proper stains. Sorry! Not what you wanted to hear I guess!

As for the back, B came to me with bad urine stains around his bum and I just had to keep him clean (by litter training him) and wait till he moulted it out.

Im guessing hes been squeesing through a narrow hole in a fence or something, ill have a look and see if the vet can suggest anything, i have read online about cornflour and white vinegar sprayed on the area left to dry then flakes off when brushed??

Angie B thanks theyre my quad the black bunny is my mini rex who was dumped on my doorstep with E.C, shes rather popular among a few members on the forum as alot of them helped me help her <3

Are they indoors? I find when Buckley is running around on carpet any dirty paws become less dirty. Sort of like wiping his feet.

If the staining on his back isn't causing him any distress and isn't physically harming him I'd leave it as it will probably get moulted away.

Lots of nose rubs for all of your gorgeous bunsters x

Are they indoors? I find when Buckley is running around on carpet any dirty paws become less dirty. Sort of like wiping his feet.

If the staining on his back isn't causing him any distress and isn't physically harming him I'd leave it as it will probably get moulted away.

Lots of nose rubs for all of your gorgeous bunsters x

I agree! My Pearls feet are always filthy whereas Albies are only very off white. Think it depends on fur type as well. If it's not a problem for them then I wouldn't worry too much!

My Poppy's feet were yellow when we got her and as soon was we changed her and stopped using sawdust the yellow just disappeared.

Urine stains will moult out over time, grass stains are just a sign of a happy life! :D

I've never heard of a pet safe bleach :shock: Can it really be safe?!

I'd just leave it, personally. I imagine in most cases getting it off would cause more upset to the rabbit than the marks would.

I'm afraid I can't help. Spenser has OCD and even when he was an outdoor bun his paws were nearly always pristine. :oops:

Ulfric is gorgeous, whatever colour his feet are! :love:

Back