• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Annie nose update 20 April New Pics added - p18-19

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
Just back from the vets. Annie was so brave. :love: Annie and Beatrix argued through the pen bars and Beatrix bit her nose. :cry: It looked awful and was bleeding so I rushed her round to the expensive vet round the corner as an emergency. (I gave her metacam straight away in case she went into shock with pain). :(

The vet cleaned it up and shaved some fur around the wound. She put three staples in her nose to hold it together for healing. It was gaping really badly so it was the only way for safe healing. Nothing to stitch. The vet used Local anesthetic cream.

Please send vibes for my brave girlie

Last edited:
poor bunny .. hope it hreals quickly ..

we once had a bun here that had a similar injury ... it healed lovely ..but he had it stitched .

The same thing happened to Mr B, Snowdrop bit his nose through some bars. He had it stitched on the inside as he lost part of his nose and his top lip. His stitches lasted a week before he pulled them out and it and it had to be restitched. It healed eventually but does look a little odd and he dribbles down his chin as part of his lip is missing.

ETA here is Mr B now
DSCF0592.jpg

And this is when it first happened
IMG00532-20091206-1724.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the vibes please keep them coming so it doesn't get infected or swell. :(

Poor Mr B. Please give him nosey rubs from me. I will post of pics of Annie's nose staples later once she has rested. I just want her to relax right now.

Annie nose update - new pics added 20/4 p18-19

Thanks for all your vibes, please keep them coming. Here is a pic of my brave baby girl. The shaved her nose a bit round the wound so it looks a bit odd.

IMG_0165.jpg

Last edited:
Awwww poor bunny blowing get well quick and healing vibes over to you 

Oh Annie! lots of vibes from me. Lola had to have her tummy stapled when Cookie bit her from underneath and tore the skin off leaving a hole. It healed up nicely xxx

Yes she is on metacam daily. Vet didn't give me any antibios as its not infected but if that happens then I can go back and get some.

Yes the vet needs remove them in 7 to 10 days time.

She is quite lively tonight so not in pain thank heavens. Just have to keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't try and take them out.

Just back from the vets. Annie was such a brave bunny! :love: The vet took the staples out and her nose has healed up perfectly, she said. So pleased. You can't really tell it was ever so bad. When the fur grows back hopefully there will be no sign at all anymore. Bless her bunny heart.:love:

I will add piccies later xx

Here are pics of my baby Annie's healed nosey :love: Once the fur grows back you hopefully won't even be able to tell it was ever hurt. Fingers and pawsies crossed.

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

Back