• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bell's not well - off to the vets UD 12th - she's doing so well!:D

wally4eva

Mama Doe
Bell hasn't been eating much since last night. She's been eating a bit of hay otherwise she would have been straight to the emergency vets late yesterday. I've been checking on her throughout the night to make sures shes eating at least a little bit.
She's still not eating well this morning, so we're off to the vets, could she have some vibes please?
Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for all the vibes!:)

We're back from the vets, she's a bit bloated so he's given her a gut stimulant and painkiller injection which she wasn't to pleased about! And we have some baytril to give to her once a day for 5 days as well as some recovery food to try and get her eating. If she's not eating by tomorrow we're going to take her back, but if she does start eating we're going for another check up on Monday.
Now she's sitting there looking very sorry for herself, all she has to do is start eating now.
She's not out of the woods yet, but I'm hoping because she loves her food so much, if she's feeling more comfortable after the injections she'll start to eat again.

Last edited:
Hope she's OK. Doughnut was hunched up not eating, took her to the vets and the same with her, bloated. Once they all kicked in she was eating fine but had to take her back the following day just to check. She was still bloated but not as bad.

I now give her dill every day as it's good for gas and she loves it and cut down her pellets. Also bramble leaves. Anything not to go through that again too stressful. Don't think she lost weight but I know I did!

Thank you so much for all the vibes, they've obviously been working! Bell looks so much brighter and is much more like her normal self now, she has eaten a few dandelion leaves and is munching on hay, I've seen her do some poos, they don't look to good at the moment but I'm hoping as she starts to eat more hay they'll get better, she has also snatched a treat out of my hand, so she must be feeling at least a bit better!:lol:
The difference between her this morning and her now is so amazing! This morning she just sat there hunched up and didn't even open her eyes when I came to see her, but now she's hopping around and looks up at me to see if I have any treats when I go to see them, just like she usually does.:D

I can't thank you enough for all the vibes, I've been so worried about her, I just hope she continues to improve. :D She's such a brave little girl. :love:

Thank you all again! :D
Bell is doing so well, she's completely back to normal today, and came running up to greet me this morning, she's stuffing her face with hay this very moment. I'm so thankful she's doing so well, it could so easily have gone the other way, their such delicate animals, and they do like to make us worry, but I do love her.:love::love:

Back