• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anybody ?

They eat my herbs and plants from my garden. Does that count as feeding? I have given an odd carrot of strawberry to a too cute one sitting staring at me.

my OH has spent weeks building a 'rabbit proof' fence around our veggie plot, I think he would literally kill me if he saw me feeding them...

I bet they would love some dandelions, maybe plant some near where you have seen them or close to the edge of your garden so you can watch them...

not that that is what i am planning to do or anything ;) :lol:

going to follow this thread with interest. We have wildies in the grounds of the hospital where I work.When there have been really harsh winters I have been tempted to feed them but haven't. I wouldn't encourage them to come to me - just drop some food where they hang out. But I've always resisted as I don't know whether it would actually be a kind thing to do in the long run - I suspect not. Although I am talking about the extreme weather of a couple of winters ago (double minus figures for a long time)

The other side of the coin is that if they survive in numbers and multiply and become a "nuisance" I presume they will be got rid of :(

My heart says give them a pile of pellets to give them energy to survive the cold, my head says leave them alone :oops:

i just dont know whether i should feed them they are on a field and often come out to munch on the grass but i thought i treat for them would be nice

It isn't really any different to feeding the birds and squirrels is it? Well I guess rabbits are a big nuisance to some...

I like the idea of growing dandelions and other weeds for them. We don't have any cottontails in my area though :( Or if we do they do a good job of hiding. My sister saw one down the road once but I think that was the only time.

Back