• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ozzie has gone :(

Ozbun

Warren Scout
He died at 6.30. It was heartbreaking. I've been up all night, spoke to 2 emergency vets (3 phone calls) the first one was defensive as she'd treated him earlier & didn't think he was "that bad".
I am so so upset. You wouldn't believe the bond I had with him & I don't think he was even 2 years old.
I tried so hard to look after him properly.

He died at 6.30. It was heartbreaking. I've been up all night, spoke to 2 emergency vets (3 phone calls) the first one was defensive as she'd treated him earlier & didn't think he was "that bad".
I am so so upset. You wouldn't believe the bond I had with him & I don't think he was even 2 years old.

Oh no, I am so sorry :cry:

You did all you could for him, he did not pass in a hutch all on his own. He will have taken great comfort from your presence.

Binky Free Ozzie xx

:cry:

I am so sorry.

My little one Kermit was also taken from me to young, he was my special soul bunny :(

It is so devastating.

Hugs x

He died at 6.30. It was heartbreaking. I've been up all night, spoke to 2 emergency vets (3 phone calls)

the first one was defensive as she'd treated him earlier & didn't think he was "that bad".

Oh nooooo! Your poor thing! I am so sorry you are going through this!!!! And you DID look after him properly, he's had vet treatments, you've been on the phone to them throughout the night, you've been up with him, you couldn't do anymore! Oh my goodness, biggest ((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))) for you!!!

And WHAT??? How DARE she say hours later she didn't think he was that bad? Things change!
At least you persisted and got through to other vets. As I said, you couldn't have done more.

Run like the wind dear Ozzie, run like the wind and binkie like the binkiest bun in the universe

Oh gosh I am so sorry :cry: I also lost my soulbun, she died in my arms, its absolutely devastating :cry: (((HUGS)))
I think its natural to blame ourselves at first, but you honestly did everything you could. And you were there with him at the end xxxxxxxx

Thanks so much everyone. I. Can't stop crying. I hate the vet. I told her that I knew him really well & he was in trouble. Whatever she gave him slowed him right down, it was awful. I was desperate for help overnight, she said to wait "but if you really want to bring him in as an out of hours emergency - you do know it'll be £185." I'd have no qualms about that even but he was too poorly to even put in the car. I asked her again for the name of the painkiller she'd given him & she said look I've told you twice it was "a 24 hour painkiller & something for his stomach" stupid ***** I wanted the drugs names so I could see whether they caused drowsiness. I'm also going through a sad relationship break up & my other half was so lovely to Ozzie last night. He cradled him at the end because I was shaking. That little rabbit lit up the house & I'm really inconsolable,

It's really really hard I lost 2 of mine in the last 7 weeks and I still sit an look at their pictures and cry it does get a bit easier but they are always in your heart and you will still cry cos they are like our little kids , I'm just paranoid now every time I see one of my others shaking their head or not eating for like 30mins cos they are resting I start panickin thinkin they are gettin sick , sending you loads a get well hugs 

So sorry to hear this. Run free Ozzie bun, your mummy loves you. I know how you feel, I lost my special bun last month. She was like my child. You just have to tell yourself you gave him the best life possible, and you did everything you could for him. He knew that, and if he could have thanked you, he would. When your feeling a bit more up to up, I would put a complaint in against the vet. If somebody had spoken to me like that the night my Dishie died, they would have got both barrells.

Back