• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone used Questran? UD He's gone :'(

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
Bun is currently admitted. Ringing for an update at ten. He was given the questran just after 6. Fingers crossed it's helped...:(

Last edited:
Thank you :wave: . Bun has been on iv fluids since lunchtime. I mentioned it then and the vet hadn't heard of it. :? By the time I dropped his meds off after five she'd looked it up though and was keen to use it but they didn't stock it and she thought pharmacies would be closed. I managed to find one that was open - just - and collected the Questran and took it back. Fingers crossed it does the trick....

Last edited:
You could suggest giving Metronidazole too

20mg/kg orally or IV every 12 hours

http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/s/00dis/bacterial/Clostridial_enteritis_rabbits.htm

Thanks for this Jane. I just spoke to the vet and she's says he's stable. I'm collecting him at 8am to take to my own vet so will write this down and take it with me. Unlike the vet I saw earlier, this one didn't sound very receptive to new ideas...:? He's been given the Questran though and is now passing wet droppings rather than clear jelly/droppings, so that's a step forward...

He's not good. :cry:

Collected him from Vets Now and drove him straight to my vet where he's being x rayed and put back on IV. The X ray should tell us more, hopefully.

Realy worried about him but saw my most rabbit-savy vet so that's something.

His diahorrea has settled a little in that there's no jelly now, but while it's happening he's still losing water. Will it self-limit? :?

He's not good. :cry:

Collected him from Vets Now and drove him straight to my vet where he's being x rayed and put back on IV. The X ray should tell us more, hopefully.

Realy worried about him but saw my most rabbit-savy vet so that's something.

His diahorrea has settled a little in that there's no jelly now, but while it's happening he's still losing water. Will it self-limit? :?

Sometimes not, sadly :cry:

Are they running bloods ? Possibly more helpful than an Xray ??

Thank you too all who replied. Sadly Mushroom had to be helped to the bridge. He deteriorated and was crying. The vet said his stomach was just full of stuff that wasn't moving and he was bloated. They could have tried removing it with a tube but the vet didn't think he'd survive that and it would probably just re-fill as it had become so stretched.
He advised the kindest thing was to let him go, and thought he'd only last a couple of hours anyway, so he was helped to the bridge.

:cry: :cry: :cry::cry:

awww so sorry Binky free mushroom in the lush green grass over Rainbow Bridge

Back