• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Marble has gone :(

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
I havent posted here for a while but right now I need some support. My beautiful house bun Marble passed away yesterday. He had seemed a bit off colour for a few days and had a vets appointment booked for tomorrow but yesterday morning when we got up we found him collapsed and he died on his way to the emergency vets.:cry::cry::cry: He leaves behind the lovely Molly. I am worried about what to do with her now. Right now I am not in the position to get another bun, I am unwell. Any one keep a single house bun?

Still cant believe he has gone. He was a very special bunny.:cry::cry:

I am so sorry that you lost Marble on the way to the vet. I lost Chrissy while on the phone to the vet. It was very heartbreaking. It was an entire year before we could bring ourselves to get another bun. Julie is my single house bun. She seems very happy being single. It really depends on the rabbit though and how much time you are able to spend with him/her. She is free ranged in the kitchen. I don't work and the OH works from home. The kitchen is the center of our home and one of us is usually in or around the kitchen. We let her roam the rest of the house supervised also. I think that it is possible for a single bun to be happy. Julie is spoiled rotten and seems to prefer human company to rabbit company though.

Very sorry to hear about Marble :( lots of noserubs for Molly xxxx I had a single housebun for 6 years. He enjoyed visits to the garden to see my outdoor bun through her run, but equally was happy in with us. Lots of extra boxes to destroy/forage for hay in, and strokes/grooming from you and she will be ok. :)Hope you feel better soon too xxx

How terribly sad for you, it's awful when you lose a rabbit. Please give little Molly lots of love, you will gain comfort yourself also from doing this. Little Molly will be feeling so lost, as she wont understand whats happened. Although I personally believe buns are better in pairs or more, with love, entertainment, and not being isolated they can thrive as a single bun.
I would advise that you lie on the floor with her, stroke her, talk to her, love her. Encourage her to follow you when you move around, watch that she is eating properly and pooing properly. Grief can make a bunny poorly, so lots and lots of attention and love is the order of the day I think. Heal each other :love:
I hope your own health problems arn't serious, and that you soon find yourself on the path to recovery.
Take care!

I am really sorry :cry:

Single House Rabbits can be VERY happy. You and Molly can comfort each other. I am sorry that you are not doing too well at the moment xx

Sorry for your loss. Run free Marble. I lost my single house bun last month, and she was very happy. She would spend a lot of time grooming me and loved to sleep on my pillow because it smelt of me. It still hurts to think of her or see her pictures, but it's not as bad as it was, I had a total breakdown when it happened. Your bun can be very happy as a single house bun, just spend plenty of time with her and she will thrive.

Back