• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Building bunny shed?

rotts05

Young Bun
Hi, hope people can help.

I currently have 1 rabbit, a mini rex (peggy sue) and i'm planning on getting her neutered and hoping to find her a buddy. First I need a bigger home and quite fancy getting a shed or similar and having the hutch in there but open so there's a large run area.

I have been looking on ebay and preloved and shed's seem very expensive (local to me anyway), has anyone any experience of building something themselves?

It will only be for pegs (and hopefully eventually friend) so I just need a basic structure. Has anyone any advice?? :)

By and large with sheds I don't think you'd save much, if anything, by building over buying.
Keep an eye out on ebay and the free ads, and take a look in DIY places when they have their sales on - sometimes they do have really good deals.

Kittykat thats fantastic! You have some very lucky rabbits!!

My boyfriend said the same about it probably being a similar to price to build as to buy a shed. I will just have to search longer and harder :)

Thanks both for replying

I have just invested in new housing for my rabbit (was rabbits, but just lost Sweep ..:cry:).

Bought from Ebay, but newly made. It is fab. It is basically a dog kennel/run, with the kennel area being the Hutch. The hutch is a box really, with centre living area, with dividers either side leading to 'pop holes' either side. The rabbits never feel trapped and can exit side if necessary. The hutch is situated inside the Kennel. As the hutch is really just a box inside the kennel area (with free access to the run), it leaves space to put hay, brushes etc.

The run has mesh frontage which we have covered, (some of the area), with perspex.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10FT-x-4F...5?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item2a1ae300f5

On our version (he customised it for us) - the door to the run is in the end section and is a stable door. We bought a 10 x 4. the kennel area is 3' and the run 7'.

Steve Hampson was spot on to deal with - very accommodating and excellent work ethic. It might help to search for Dog Kennel/Run on Ebay for ideas anyway.

Hope that helps.

Cara

Back