• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rung the emergency vet (no need for worry though)

Anniebirdy

Alpha Buck
With Miss Nibbles macNibblesworth scaling the barrier yesterday afternoon and placing herself in the company of Mr Alfie MacAlfington, as advised here, am going to book an emergency spay for tomorrow. had every intention of getting her spayed anyway, but preferably when I'd got a few more funds saved up :shock:
Just waiting for vet to call back to confirm that I can take her in first thing in the morning.
Then of course, there is always a chance that she was already pregnant as she was a free-ranger from the recent mass rescue from Leeds. In which case, the spay couldn't be done anyway.
Oh the joys of rabbit rescue :lol: :lol:

Thankyou! 3pm tomorrow afternoon will be the point of decision... Spay.. or *GULP* wait until the babies are born...
Time will tell! :thumb:

Glad you have got excellent advice from your vet, are they doing a scan first to check for babies :wave:

Oh I hope so! I wouldn't sign the forms if they couldn't tell me 100% that there was not an advanced pregnancy at stake. Aside from the danger to little Nibbles, I couldn't bear the fact that viable, or close on viable babies met their end in such a way... :( Mind you, having said that, I dont think for one minute my vets would ever agree to performing such a surgery thank God!
Im more than happy playing 'mummy', but it'll be quite a strain on me old ticker if it turns out I'm going to be playing 'grandma' as well... :lol: :lol:

Oh I hope so! I wouldn't sign the forms if they couldn't tell me 100% that there was not an advanced pregnancy at stake. Aside from the danger to little Nibbles, I couldn't bear the fact that viable, or close on viable babies met their end in such a way... :( Mind you, having said that, I dont think for one minute my vets would ever agree to performing such a surgery thank God!
Im more than happy playing 'mummy', but it'll be quite a strain on me old ticker if it turns out I'm going to be playing 'grandma' as well... :lol: :lol:

Fingers crossed for no babies, I shall be checking back tomorrow with interest x

How did you get on? Sorry if you have posted else where and I missed it x

Hi :wave: Am picking her up about 4.30. I cant wait! Been out and bought her a rabbit hutch because I dont want her free-running for a few days, and Alfie has my only other hutch for when he's not free-running. The petshop knocked me £15 off the hutch to help me out because of what I do, isnt that fab? It means I now have a few days leeway between destitution and prostitution, LOL! :lol: :lol:
Am going to change the bunnies names, I really dont want them having any association with their pasts. The name 'Chops' seems cute for Alfie, as he has such big, fluffy chops :D Also, Niknax seems to suit, when I think about what he decided he wanted as a keep sake inside his hutch :lol: :lol:
Not sure about Nibbles yet, she's such a dainty little thing so am working on that one. :thumb:

She's home!!!!!!!

*Relief!*
My baby is home :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Not too keen to eat much, but I finally got her to have a little nom on a tiny piece of jam on toast :D She rather liked that, but obviously it's not in the ''Good and Nourishing Food Guide for Bunny Rabbits'' :roll:
Still, it seems to have perked her interest up a bit and she is now having a little nom on her Timothy hay. At least it's a start :thumb:
She's not in the least bit impressed with her brand new hutch though.... BUT, it's only for a day or two until her wound starts to heal up, then she can run around and play and hop as much as she wants.
Oh, I'm SOOOOOO glad she is home!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Wow jam on toast have never tried that one. Glad she is nibbling hay :D

Me nether! I only thought of it because of Benjamin nicking my jam buttie the other night and grabbing a chomp out of it! Wouldn't recommend it as a regular treat though, and only a teeny bit as a tempter in an emergency ;)

And the poos are coming now aswel :thumb: I wanted to squish and frame the first ones, those first poos are so important :D

Back