• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angelina's babies, Super Cute video post 83!!!

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
I swear they doubled in size last night. Really!! Watch how Angelina keeps a close eye on them!

What I would like to know is when they should be allowed to explore the dog crate. One managed to flip out of the box onto the base and needed lifted back in. Should I lower the lip on their box so they can get in and out or raise it to keep them safe. Mum has the run of the kitchen so I plan a barrier she can jump across the door of the dog crate when they are old enough to wander. Is this ok?

Last edited:
What I would like to know is when they should be allowed to explore the dog crate. One managed to flip out of the box onto the base and needed lifted back in. Should I lower the lip on their box so they can get in and out or raise it to keep them safe. Mum has the run of the kitchen so I plan a barrier she can jump across the door of the dog crate when they are old enough to wander. Is this ok?

I'm trying to remember what I did with Sep & kits but bearing in mind they were 2 weeks (ish) old when they came to me, I think I allowed them access to the hutch only at around 3 weeks and until then they were in the bedroom area of the hutch (2ft square approx). Whilst in the bedroom area, Sep hopped over a 3 inch tall piece of wood to get into them. This allowed her to explore all of the hutch (& the run when I opened the ramp lid) but the babies weren't able to bounce/roll/climb out!

Hope that makes sense and helps? :oops::wave:

One idea which might work - put the nest box inside another larger box and then lower the lip of the nest box slightly. Then the kits can crawl out & explore a bit but can't go far or come to any danger.

The little brown bunny is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute and mum :love::love::love: All very cute.

I won't mention when Anjelina comes up and looks like she sniffs your crutch.:lol::lol:

One idea which might work - put the nest box inside another larger box and then lower the lip of the nest box slightly. Then the kits can crawl out & explore a bit but can't go far or come to any danger.

Thanks!! Will have a go at sorting something soon. It is a whole new learning curve!

They are all so lovely :love: Angelina is looking very well and reminds me of September I love how she is never far away x

Ours had constant access to the entire hutch area (7ft by 3ft) all covered in hay of course - but I used to check a couple of times a day that they had all made it back to the nest and no-one was lost or cold or missed food.

At 3 weeks they all upped and moved en masse to a new corner . . and I spoke to someone else who said their kits had done that. I wondered if it was a 'health' thing - making a new nest which was cleaner etc.

The mum always had access to areas away from the hutch.

Ours had constant access to the entire hutch area (7ft by 3ft) all covered in hay of course - but I used to check a couple of times a day that they had all made it back to the nest and no-one was lost or cold or missed food.

At 3 weeks they all upped and moved en masse to a new corner . . and I spoke to someone else who said their kits had done that. I wondered if it was a 'health' thing - making a new nest which was cleaner etc.

The mum always had access to areas away from the hutch.

Thanks!:thumb::thumb: I mi:thumbghtletU them have access to the full crate and mum can get in and out as she pleases.

The wee white one is hopefully getting stronger. Mum doesn't like the extra feed but is putting up with it.

Ali I joined a inside cage to the dog cage and put a small barrer ocroos door so mum coup jump in to feed them but babdies couldn't get out through dog cage as they got out the smallest places and they got to the point they could use both without ecaping........if you want I will bring the aceg with us at the weekend or pop it over before then.

Ali I joined a inside cage to the dog cage and put a small barrer ocroos door so mum coup jump in to feed them but babdies couldn't get out through dog cage as they got out the smallest places and they got to the point they could use both without ecaping........if you want I will bring the aceg with us at the weekend or pop it over before then.

Thank you Debbie! I have put wood around the base of the dog crate to hold in hay and babies. There is a lip at the door that mum can jump over so she can live in the kitchen and babies have the crate.

11 days ago this baby was blind and had no hair. I was in the middle of making the crate baby safe when this happened!

Back