• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please meet.....

catherine09

Mama Doe
......Biscuit (orange doe) and Cappuccino (orange butterfly buck) - though I want to change their names....any ideas?

Came over yesterday, both were very scared and would run into the bed area and thump everytime someone walked past the hutch, but they seem to have settled more today and were investigating me while I had the hutch door open earlier :D Cappiccino even took a treat from out of my hand earlier on!

Both are overweight, need vaccinations (taking them on Weds), grooming and Biscuit is matted underneath her tail and bum so that needs shaving but wanted to let them settle before I did that as she is the more stressy one

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

Cappucino - what'choo lookin at?!
IMG_0566.jpg

Tentative Biscuit
IMG_0565.jpg

In-case anyone isn't sure of the story behind these two - my mum bought them 2 years ago after she saw my two bunnies, but she didn't have any idea of their space/diet requirements and is always far too busy with work to care for them, so for 2 years they were in a small hutch + run combo and had food put in every couple of days, fed muesli, carrots and bananas and not much hay and not really interacted with.

It's been a long battle with her and we used to always argue about them, whenever I went over there I would clean them out and stuff their hay racks full of hay but I haven't really been able to get them out of there until I was in a stable position to take them on, and until she agreed to it, which she did a few days ago (and thankfully it was very peaceful)

ETA: Please excuse the half painted hutch :oops:

Yay! You managed to get them then! So pleased.. they are absolutely gorgeous :love:, and look like they are filled with personality! I am sure once they come out of their shells you will have your hands full :lol: :lol:

Yes so glad!

I really didn't want to get any authority involved as that would really be bad for mine and mums relationship (which is generally very close) so I had one last go at talking to her about them, which did turn into a massive argument but a couple of days later she bought me 4 little easter lindt bunnies and told me that I now had one chocolate bunny for each of my real bunnies.....and said that she had spoken to Ray (her OH) and he had agreed with me that she had no time for them and she would miss them but she would like me to take them :love:

They look like they've settled right in Catherine. So pleased that you've got them and that they have the rest of their lives to enjoy in luxury now.

Very lucky bunnies and very handsome pair too.

Looking forward to hearing lots of updates on all of the furries' progress in their new home in the coming months. :)

Yes so glad!

I really didn't want to get any authority involved as that would really be bad for mine and mums relationship (which is generally very close) so I had one last go at talking to her about them, which did turn into a massive argument but a couple of days later she bought me 4 little easter lindt bunnies and told me that I now had one chocolate bunny for each of my real bunnies.....and said that she had spoken to Ray (her OH) and he had agreed with me that she had no time for them and she would miss them but she would like me to take them :love:

Sounds like you dealt with it in just the right way. In the end no matter what the advice on here, you needed to do the right thing for yours and your mums relationship. This way everyone's happy, and you now have two more gorgeous buns to take care of :D Looking forward to more piccies of their antics in the weeks to come.

They're both beautiful and that hutch is great, where did you get that? :shock:

A local hutch builders made it for me :)

Oh my god they are super cute :love: and what an awesome hutch! Piggie pictures now please :D:lol:

Yes, you can sort of see Molly in the first picture - I did take some pics and video of them earlier but it was a bit dark...I'll see how good they are and post them if they're any good :thumb:

Also, just wanted to say that my three piggies are currently in top hutch at the moment, but when I go off to uni next week (I'll take them with me) the bunnies will have access to both levels :D

They are beauties :love: so glad you have them now. I agree with new home, new name, but I don't know what :lol:

They're wonderful! I like the name Cappuccino (How can I not? I'm Italian!), and as for Biscuit, i like names that recall the color of the rabbit's fur. So what about Amber, Caramel, Fudge or some such name? :love:

Hun I don't know here this came from but Bonnie and Clyde

So pleased for this happy ending all round xx

Eta: or manny and Ellie

Last edited:
Hun I don't know here this came from but Bonnie and Clyde

So pleased for this happy ending all round xx

Eta: or manny and Ellie

I love the name Ellie, but not as keen on Manny....

HOWEVER, your Disney Pixar Theme has made me think of Jessie and Woody...Jessie had red hair didn't she :D:D:D

What do you think?

Back