• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Princess Peaches has started a 'charity' . . .

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Its called The Princess Peaches Charitable Foundation for the Comfort of our Feathered Brethren' (the PPCFCFB for short).

The aim of the charity is to provide a warm fluff filled nest for eggs and baby birds at this cold Easter time - and Princes Peaches is calling on all buns to ensure their unwanted fluff is left outside in a convenient location where it may be collected by volunteer sparrows for further re-distribution to needy birds.

Princess Peaches has herself set an excellent example in getting her humans to take out an entire hanging basket of unwanted fluff every day this holiday weekend - kindly donated by herself with help from Lola Lovage (who is also mid moult).

Princess Peaches would like to call on ALL RU buns to follow her example . . . and support the PPCFCFB

Imogen and Sebastian are sending thier spare fur to a cage full of finches, canaries and a dove :wave:

We dont get wild birdies here anymore :(

I have a Sidney who is on his holiday with me at the moment who in the past 72 hours has lost all the long fluff off half his back leaving a nice short coat. His partner Louise started nibling at his coat and appeared to be eating it. Since I spotted her I have been 'plucking' him every couple of hours and placing it in a slightly enclosed bird feeder resulting in lots of activty with robins and **** removing it. Some birds somewhere local should be nice and warm.

What a great idea. When I clean out the buns there is always loads of loose fur in their runs and I just put it in the bin with the dirty hay and newspaper. I will leave it out for the birds in future. Furby looses loads and loads of fur. He seems to be permanently moulting, yet always has a thick coat. Gemma is moulting too at the moment - my kitchen looks like a candy floss factory:)

What a good idea Princess Peaches! With have lots of lovely cashmere fur here courtesy of Mr B, I will make sure it gets left out for the birdies!

Back