• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stinky Poops!

nessar

Warren Veteran
What are the causes of stinky poops please? I mean actual poops not caecotrophs (sp?). Its generally mostly when they are *ahem* fresh :lol:

I've often pondered this :lol:

The smell is similar to the smell that emits from the scent glands (when opened/being cleaned). Also when in the past I have had (mostly) male rabbits strutting their stuff or trying to get at each other through the wire to fight they have released the same smell. This suggests its possibly hormones or some aggressive *I'm marking my territory and I'm big scary boss type alpha male/female* type of tactic.

I've had this with mine the last few days. Withdrawing veg in case it's something that is not agreeing with them..

Im glad this post is here. Sometimes Benjamins poop 'aroma' can almost peel the skin off your face :? but he is absolutely fine in every checkable way. Then he's just back to normal again....
Having said that, the bathroom dosent always smell of tulips when I've payed a visit....:oops:

It stinks to high heaven in my bedroom at the moment, not of wee or litter tray smell, just from B's poops! Glad to know its not that weird! I think his higher protein/sugar diet might be a factor, but it needs to be to keep his weight up...

Hmm, I might try cutting down on the veg then Kavanne, thanks. Means I'll have to give more pellets to keep his weight up though *sigh*

Back