• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is he on the mend?

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
The bun that had diahorrea for the last two days has been fractionally more lively this afternoon. At lunchtime he "accepted" his syringe feed rather than letting it dribble straight out of his mouth. I thought just after lunch his droppings were less wet, also there seemed to be less jelly with them. :mrgreen: Then about an hour ago he had three long drinks - the first he's had independently since he was ill. He just seemed a bit brighter when I syringe fed him and best of all there was a pile of only slightly runny droppings followed by one that looked almost normal. No jelly at all.

We don't know what's wrong but have tried to cover all bases: treating for coccidiosis/EC/plus baytril as well as zantac/ metacam/domperidone and probiotics. Teeth have been checked and are fine.

Does it sound as if he's on the mend or could he still get worse; what do you think? :wave:

It sounds like (cautiously) good signs to me, I really hope he is now on the mend :D Keep it up little one, you are doing great!

Back