• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When it seems too good to be true... It IS!!!

Anniebirdy

Alpha Buck
*Sigh*
Ive just spent the last hour or so taping tarpaulin
all over the carpet in the rescue buns bedroom. Thought to my little self what a good job! Bunny proof room, fully protected carpet, two good as gold little bunnies.

NOT the case :roll:

Came downstairs, was just about to take a mouthfull of well earned coffee, and I heard a very suspicious clatter and a thud :shock:

LEGGED it back up the dancers, ran into room, and who did find flirting with little Alfie?? On HIS side of the barrier??

OMG that Nibbles can leap for England! I quickly popped her back into her side, and in a flash, she was over the 3 1/2 foot high wall. CLEAN over it.
So now, poor Alfie has another room to get used to. MY room.
So soon as the pound shop opens tomorrow, a load more tarpaulin to be bought, and another room to bunny proof.
Little horrors! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Was she comfy with Alfie?? Was he ok with her??
Is she staying???...**she says slyly**........

Was she comfy with Alfie?? Was he ok with her??
Is she staying???...**she says slyly**........

Ohhh lawks, they were VERY comfy.. I cant decide if Alfie looked just a touch toooooo comfy, *GULP*

I don't think they're done yet. :lol:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :lol::lol:
*turns round three times and spits on floor to break bonking spell*

Im in for some fun and games arnt I, I just know it..... :lol:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :lol::lol:
*turns round three times and spits on floor to break bonking spell*

Im in for some fun and games arnt I, I just know it..... :lol:

I would be up the vets first thing Tuesday morning for an emergency spay :shock: Good luck with them you certainly have your hands full there!!

Um...she is speyed, isnt she?????????????????????????????
Is he done?????????

Erm

No.

and, erm,

No.

Hopefully I got up the stairs in time.
Hopefully Nibbles is a lady and insisted on a kiss first, at least.
Hopefully I will get through this without a nervous breakdown.
:roll:

Time will tell! BUT, to be honest, I was up the stairs sooo fast I really dont think they had time.
Wait till I upload the video though, of what a frustrated male rabbit does to a bedroom when he wants to teach his new mummy a lesson for spoiling his chances .......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would be up the vets first thing Tuesday morning for an emergency spay :shock: Good luck with them you certainly have your hands full there!!

Will the vet be able to tell if she was preggers already? She was a 'free-runner' in the mass rescue from the house in Leeds, so there's a chance she could be pregnant anyway... I was warned this may be the case, but would hate to take a chance on a possibly advanced pregnancy...
if the pregnancy was only a couple of days gone, I'd have spay without hesitation. To be honest though, i really dont think they had time, it was literaly seconds before I was in the room and they were just sniffing each others faces...

If they are neutered then I'd just let them bond themselves. Are they both yours?

Not nuetered... rescues from the Leeds mass rescue case. Was going to get both buns done anyway then hopefully bond them for rehoming as a pair once I'd saved up. Luckily my vets know and trust me well, so I dont think they'd refuse to do an emergency spay and let me pay them in a few weeks, they've let me pay later in emergency treatment cases before and Ive never ever let them down.

Anyone got a spare paracetamol? My poor head! :D

Will the vet be able to tell if she was preggers already? She was a 'free-runner' in the mass rescue from the house in Leeds, so there's a chance she could be pregnant anyway... I was warned this may be the case, but would hate to take a chance on a possibly advanced pregnancy...
if the pregnancy was only a couple of days gone, I'd have spay without hesitation. To be honest though, i really dont think they had time, it was literaly seconds before I was in the room and they were just sniffing each others faces...

If it happened today then no, but if she has an advanced pregnancy then they would be able to tell via ultra sound so there would be no chance of accidentally spaying developed babies if there was any :)

Erm

Hopefully I got up the stairs in time.
Hopefully Nibbles is a lady and insisted on a kiss first, at least.
Hopefully I will get through this without a nervous breakdown.

:roll:

Time will tell! BUT, to be honest, I was up the stairs sooo fast I really dont think they had time.
Wait till I upload the video though, of what a frustrated male rabbit does to a bedroom when he wants to teach his new mummy a lesson for spoiling his chances .......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What age are these two rabbits?
If she is of breedable age, If she is I would suggest considering if you can afford a potential litter and the associated risks? If you can't do discuss on Tuesday with your vet about an emergency spay as this will definately work out cheaper and will need to be done in the very near future.

Unfortunately it only takes a second ;)

If it happened today then no, but if she has an advanced pregnancy then they would be able to tell via ultra sound so there would be no chance of accidentally spaying developed babies if there was any :)

Ohhh TG. I couldn't bear to kill off an advanced pregnancy :(

What age are these two rabbits?
If she is of breedable age, If she is I would suggest considering if you can afford a potential litter and the associated risks? If you can't do discuss on Tuesday with your vet about an emergency spay as this will definately work out cheaper and will need to be done in the very near future.

Unfortunately it only takes a second ;)

It is believed Nibbles alread had a litter from one of the other free-runners in Leeds, so by that Id say at least healthwise, she is mature enough... Will get spay done on Tues anyway now though, IF it's humane of course. Oh the joys of rescue :roll: :thumb::love:

*Faints*

Back