• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys for a single rabbit

Alicia

Mama Doe
I'm looking after a little netherland dwarf, he lives alone after the rabbit he lived with died a while ago. He's a lovely rabbit, and very friendly, but he seems a bit bored here. At his home he can run round the garden all day but I can't really let him do that here because my rabbits free range sometimes, and also I can't watch him all day. He does have a 6ft run here that he goes in every day, but even when he's in the run he doesn't move very much.
He's got some toys in his hutch, and I've given him paper bags filled with hay and vegetables which he had fun destroying :lol: I've also given him an old tunnel that used to belong to my guinea-pigs (they don't use it anymore) but is there anything else I can make for him to play with? Or anything I can do to entertain him. He comes inside in the evenings and hops round my room too.

Hmm not sure.. I give mine little plant pots to chuck around :D I keep an eye on them just in case they start chewing it but they've been really good so far :lol: apart from Leo :roll::lol:

Last edited:
Cardboard box with door cut in it if it will fit in the run. My bunny loves boxes and is either in or sitting on top of them.

Give him his pellets via treat ball :) and those mini cereal boxes (the ones that have one portion in) filled with hay with some pellets/veg hidden in them always go down well with my two.

ours love the wicker balls and digging boxes.. we also have a teach and treat which parsley loves to chuck about after hes eaten the food:lol: we hide the treats in his pen too;)

Toilet roll tubes filled with hay so they look like a Christmas cracker, thread some string through a toilet roll tube and hang it from a door - small box filled with hay and a few treats for digging in - jingly ball like the ones cat's have - apple tree sticks for chewing on

Mine also love plant pots and cardboard boxes. I've also knotted old bits of jeans to make toss toys for them to throw about. They also like spiky balls, but I ahve to watch them with those!

Oscar really likes things to climb on, he also likes hay balls, pretty much just hay tied in a knot he chucks it about and makes a mess all at the same time :roll:

Back