• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Honey is ill after Nobivac vaccine

The new Nobivac combined VHD/myxi vaccination sounded perfect - once a year, cheaper, well tested etc. So had all 4 bunnies vaccinated on Thursday (£155!).

The vet gave everybody a full health check before vaccinating.

Honey bunny is now not herself at all. Since Friday, she's been dribbling more and more but still eating very happily. She's cuddling with Max all the time, and generally looking miserable. She hasn't been eating her soft poo's so they are stuck to her bum and around the run.

This is not like her at all. The vet did explain they may seem lethargic after the vaccination, but the dribbling is worrying me. I am putting it down to the Nobivac vaccine not agreeing with her. Has anyone else had the new vaccine and had ill bunnies afterwards?

The vet checked her teeth, and she is still eating, so spurred back teeth seem unlikely (but still possible, I know).

Frustrating it is the bank holiday weekend or I'd be straight down the vets, but thankfully she is still eating. We will go to the vets on Tuesday if she hasn't improved.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Make sure you report the side effect to the vet, as they should report it to Nobivac.

Dribbling, what an odd symptom.... I'd get her teeth checked on Tuesday again just in case.

Hi

Any update on this?

Was it a side affect or teeth issues?

Mine are booked in tomorrow :shock:

Back