• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moved to tears by the little rescue girl 'NIBBLES'

Anniebirdy

Alpha Buck
Climbed into her pen just before and sat down on the floor and softly called her to me. She RAN over, rubbed her tiny little face into my outstretched hand, and get this *clutches pounding heart*
She started to kiss me! THEN hopped onto my lap and allowed me to thoroughly and gently stroke her all over her body :love: :love: :love:
Somewhat more sadly, I was able during this wonderful few minutes of contact to find some lumps and bumps on her little body. At some point, she has been badly bitten all over :cry: All wounds healed, but nonetheless she has been really hurt :cry:
I always thought there was something a little 'odd' about her teeny weeny little noney too, and looking very closely (while she was having a good sniff at my nose,) i can see that at some point, it's almost been bitten off. She dosent have a complete nose.
No wonder she is timid, poor little mite :(
Then she decided enough was enough, hopped off my lap, ran round the back of me and nipped me on the behind. :lol:
Ok little one, you call the shots :D :thumb:

That's so terribly sad about her bites and old wounds, poor little thing. Makes you wonder what she has been through in her little life :cry::cry:
I always find it so amazing that despite such bad experiences, buns can be so trusting of new people and willing to show their love and affection :love:
She sounds an absolute little darling :love::love:

That's so terribly sad about her bites and old wounds, poor little thing. Makes you wonder what she has been through in her little life :cry::cry:
I always find it so amazing that despite such bad experiences, buns can be so trusting of new people and willing to show their love and affection :love:
She sounds an absolute little darling :love::love:

I cant believe the change in her over such a short period of time Helgalush. She was so frightened and traumatised, I ws quite expecting it to takes weeks or even months to really start gaining her trust. I always believe CHOICE is such an important gift you can give to an animal, and was quite ready to wait for however long it took her to choose to let me in to her confused and scared little world. It's just knocked me sideways emotionally that already, she is starting to believe in me. :love:

She senses only love emanating from you.No harm.
Its a quick trust, but maybe she just knows you wouldnt hurt....EVER.

My Little Miss will always run to me,I might get a quick nose rub, but its a growl and a hop off.
I wont harm her, and havent in the 4 months shes been here, but I dont pick her up on a regular basis.
Shes clean,warm.comfy and well fed.
For her right now, its still keep mummy at an arms length.
Theyre all different.

awwwww :love:

she is a wonderful little bunny and your a wonderful bunny mummy you will be happy together you are both lucky girlies

I agree with yvette, it must be something you emanate that makes her feel safe. They can sense these things.

Well done.
Xx

Back