• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any rabbits not had any health problems?

George&dillon

Mama Doe
When we got Floppy, he's 4 now, he didn't look very well got to admit, he was in a cage too small, not fed the right things, and just a general misunderstanding I think of how to look after rabbits :cry:

When we got him we threw the food away they gave us, let him run free in the garden, he's free range, took him to the vets for a check up and his innoculations, we've been very lucky with him because we've not had any health problems at all with him ;)

I was wondering if anyone has a bun the same and hasn't had any problems?

I had a mini lop for 10.5 years that only saw the vets for vaccinations for the first 10 years and had one episode of stasis in his final 6 months :)

My 2 are pretty good, touch wood.
I've had Finx since she was a baby, the only 'illness' she has had was a bout of stasis brought on by her spay, which I don't really count. I've only had Tango since last September but so far so good with him :love: They are still young though, Finx will be 2 in July and I suspect Tango is a little older but I don't know as he was a stray.

Imogen seems pretty hardy, but I dont know her past history (shes 2) and I've only had her about 6 months :lol::wave: touch wood she'll be my cheapest rabbit ever :thumb:;)

yes... pepper our bun was 2 yo when we got her , healthy then , and died i think of a broken heart aged 5 yo when her loving husbun died. he died of a brain tumour and she died 9 days later...
pooh bear was 6 yo plus ... she died of kidney failure but had been as strong as an ox up til then..she was only ill for a couple of months.

Last edited:
Two of my first rabbits lived to 12 years old and never saw a vet, only for vaccinations. I don't know if it's because I now know more or if over the generations they have got less hardy but I seem to visit the vet a lot more nowadays :?

I have 14 buns - the majority of them for 2 years and 2 for 4 years - none of them have needed vet care for illnesses x

Floppy had a broken leg when he was 20wks old. He is now two and had nothing else since. I have had Millie since she was 6 months and she's now 2.with absolutely no issues. Rum and Raisin have only been here a few months but are fine.

we spent over £5000 on just one bun...not to mention the daily nursing and numerous 5 hr round trips to the vet..but the other 2 never saw the vet apart from the jabs..
i think buns must have been more hardy in the old days as my oh always says that his bun was never really cared for and lived to over 10..that was 40 years ago..

Back