• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent prayers/vibes needed for Valerie please/she has gone p50

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Steve is on route to the emergency vets now, we are in shock I don't know what the hell has happened :cry: I think she might have broken her neck :?:cry:

She is a free range house bunny living with Dave, Herman and Bobbi. Went into the lounge this morning all was OK, spent a bit of time cleaning the whole room, picking up poo changing vet bed etc Valerie was fine. Took the litter trays up the shed to put fresh hay in, must have been gone 5 - 10 mins at most came back in with them to find Valerie behind a bunny bed with her head against the skirting at right angles. She is flat, non responsive, basically she looks like a dead bunny who is sort of breathing :(:(

I know she wouldn't have run into the wall, she has lived free range in there for a couple of years and there is nothing to spook her. The only thing I did find was 2 poos on the back of the arm chair which were not there before I went outside as I cleaned everything. So I am wondering if she fell off the back of the chair. She would have to have fallen at an angle as you can't fall behind it due to the radiator :?

She does climb it and we always tell her off, but she has been doing it all this time with no problems :?

I can't believe this is happening after everything we went through with Herman yesterday :(

The emergency vets are great and Steve will be there in about 15 minutes so we have wasted no time since it happened. She suddenly went cold so must be in shock, she is padded out with towels and covered in vet bed.

Please send vibes for her, she is my special girl Thank you

Last edited:
Oh no! What a horrible shock. Sending millions of vibes for your precious girl... :(

Thanks, I am only guessing as to what has happened. Thinking about it she may have had a stroke or a seizure, we have no idea of her age :? Guess we just need to see what the vet thinks :(

:D Phew, we all tend to think the worst when things happen. So glad she is coming home Liz xxx
I am going out now but will check for updates later. Can you give her a lovely gentle nose rub from me and tell her not to scare you and Steve like that.

:D Phew, we all tend to think the worst when things happen. So glad she is coming home Liz xxx
I am going out now but will check for updates later. Can you give her a lovely gentle nose rub from me and tell her not to scare you and Steve like that.

Thank you :love: Given the angle I found her head against the wall I couldn't see what else it could be:oops:

Just spoken to Steve, The vet has given her a good feel and can't find anything to indicate any damage. So either she knocked herself unconscious or she has had a massive seizure. Either way she seems to be coming round OK. She has been given some strong pain relief and we will pop her in a cage with plenty of cushions and wait and see what happens!! I have kept rabbits for around 14 years and have never seen anything like it, I don't think this weekend could get any more stressful!

How scary. So glad Valerie is coming home for you to fuss. I think buns are usually much happier in familiar surroundings with their companions, bunny and human, around.

She probably really scared herself, poor bun.

Back