• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging!

Jokluz

Young Bun
Hello :) after some advice on rabbits digging! As soon as they get into the run Fudge has started digging, and digging! I have huge holes all in the run and I am scared to let them out now incase they dig out or something digs in. Does anyone else have this? My neighbours rabbit doesnt dig at all, does it mean they are unhappy or bored? Or is it just a natural thing for them to do?

Hello :) after some advice on rabbits digging! As soon as they get into the run Fudge has started digging, and digging! I have huge holes all in the run and I am scared to let them out now incase they dig out or something digs in. Does anyone else have this? My neighbours rabbit doesnt dig at all, does it mean they are unhappy or bored? Or is it just a natural thing for them to do?

Its natural for rabbits to dig, You can lay down some mesh or grids and then re turf over it and grow some grass on top so then if they do dig then cant get out, also try giving them a tray with top soil in that they can dig in, please do not use any other soils as they have chemicals and harmful things in. You should be able to buy top soil from most garden centres, wickes, maybe B&Q . You could always put your run on slabs :) hope I've helped

Jackaroonie1997

Sorry to hijack the thread slightly, but I have galvanised mesh on the bottom of the run and I've just seen what your Ruby is stood on in your sig - it looks much more grass friendly... what is it made of and where did you get it, if you don't mind me asking??

I was hoping the grass would grow through my mesh, but the squares are too small so the buns just destroy it before it gets chance.

Sorry to hijack the thread slightly, but I have galvanised mesh on the bottom of the run and I've just seen what your Ruby is stood on in your sig - it looks much more grass friendly... what is it made of and where did you get it, if you don't mind me asking??

I was hoping the grass would grow through my mesh, but the squares are too small so the buns just destroy it before it gets chance.

Hi, Um we got in from our garden centre its like mesh squares coated in green plastic, I think it might be Gardman or something. sorry im not much help

Here is a close up pic of it
P1080363.jpg

Thanks, I think I can get something similar from wilkinsons, have you had any trouble with them chewing it? It looks nicer for their feet than mine does too :thumb:

Thanks, I think I can get something similar from wilkinsons, have you had any trouble with them chewing it? It looks nicer for their feet than mine does too :thumb:

Nope I dont use it under the runs anymore, I use it for a roof lol. I use to use it for Bella when she went on the grass and she was fine with it, no chewing :) The buns are now on the patio so all ok :)

Back