• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Floppy has bloat - very poorly NEW POST IN HEALTH

weedug

Mama Doe
Again :(. He has been to the vet and has been given all the usual. His poor tummy was very bloated though :(.

Does anyone have any spare vibes?

Last edited:
Thank you Jane.

His eyes look different, I just so hope he hasn't given up. I am very worried about him :(

Sending mega (((((vibes))))) for Floppy. Never give up hope. Pea had REALLY bad bloat last year to the point where the vet took her home with him overnight because she needed constant attention and he thought she wasn't going to make it through the night. She pulled through and within 48 hours was destroying my crab apple tree :D Thinking of you both - stay strong.

I am sorry he is so poorly. How long is it since the vet visit? I hope all the meds kick in soon and give him some relief.

I am sorry he is so poorly. How long is it since the vet visit? I hope all the meds kick in soon and give him some relief.

Thank you for all the vibes. We were at the vet from 4-5pm. They took ages checking him for things.

Other than passing a load of mucus, and a little poo, and having a little drink by himself, he is much the same.

He is spitting out a lot of what is put in his mouth, when he usually takes his medicine fine.

I will sit up with him tonight, unless he gets much better very quickly.

We have a Nethie called Chudleigh who suffers with bloat a lot and so I know what you are going through :(

Sending Vibes for Floppy xxxxxx

Hugs xxx

No improvement :(. He is tooth grinding a lot of the time. Has managed to eat a dandelion leaf and is drinking and has passed some poos this morning, but his tummy is very bloated. I am worried to syringe feed him when it is so bad.

No improvement :(. He is tooth grinding a lot of the time. Has managed to eat a dandelion leaf and is drinking and has passed some poos this morning, but his tummy is very bloated. I am worried to syringe feed him when it is so bad.

I have posted in you thread in health

I would NOT syringe feed him and I would get him back to the Vet now

Shall I ask a mod to close this thread as it is tricky having two running about the same issue. I am worried I may miss a question or update :oops:

Thank you Jane. Sorry for opening 2 threads, I wanted to make sure I got the best advice for Floppy before we went to the vet.

We are about to leave and I will update in health when we get back. Thank you so much for all your help.

Back