• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

EC Success Stories

o-Chloe-o

Mama Doe
with little Domino currently being treated for EC.. :cry:, some kind people on here have been giving me advice and at the moment, he is still unwell, but eating his paste gradually and his tilt has improved marginally.

What i wanted to hear really is a few stories of how other buns have got through this, and obviously ideally id like to hear of some that have returned to full health...
xxxx

My boy blue had EC,

It was heartbreaking to watch and it was people on this site that helped me through.

Blue is completely healthy now, over 6 months on, he is one of my most active and playful buns, and only has a wonky head to show for his illness,

His EC wasnt as bad as other ive heard on here that have made a full recovery,

Can get pics of him today if you like, hes a big bun too.

Stick with it, any improvement is a good sign, but dont be suprised if tomorrow bun looks worse, its a long road to recovery, but bun is still eating so still fighting, fight it with him

xxxxx

Pictures of blue over the past few months -

Blue5-1.jpg

Rabbits030-1.jpg

Rabbits006-1.jpg

These photos were just after he had completed his treatment -
Rabbits155.jpg

Rabbits144.jpg

Rabbits132.jpg

Going through treatment -
Blue3-1.jpg

Blue-1.jpg

Blue5.jpg

Blue6.jpg

Blue1.jpg

Hes grown alot since, he was only about 10/12weeks old when he had EC.

My boy blue had EC,

It was heartbreaking to watch and it was people on this site that helped me through.

Blue is completely healthy now, over 6 months on, he is one of my most active and playful buns, and only has a wonky head to show for his illness,

His EC wasnt as bad as other ive heard on here that have made a full recovery,

Can get pics of him today if you like, hes a big bun too.

Stick with it, any improvement is a good sign, but dont be suprised if tomorrow bun looks worse, its a long road to recovery, but bun is still eating so still fighting, fight it with him

xxxxx

that is lovely to hear. thank you. Would love to see pics if you can. :) I call domino little but in reality he is quite big really, bless him (3.2kg at his last weigh in)

I have been blending him a mixture of carrotts, parsnips and brocolli as well as he is getting fed up of the recovery paste already :( Jessie my other bun just dipped her paw in it by accident and decided to flick it off in my hair :roll:, she is still recovering from an injured ear but is almost back to normal again now, bless her. xxxx

Ill let him out now and get some pics from today,
They can go on to live a full and happy life, Lots of buns on here are proof of that, and Blue is one of them.

Its so upsetting but it is so worth it in the end.

oh bless him, just seen the pics! :) hes so cute and Im glad to hear he is quite happy and playful xxx does he have any problems eating or any build up of fluid because of the tilt, or sore eye? domino currently has a big bulge under his chin which the vet said was because of the leaning, as well as a sunken eye xxxx

Buttercup our girl bun had EC and an awful head tilt just over two years ago now. She was really awful and at the time the vets we were using were at a loss as to what we could do for her. They advised us repeatedly to PTS. We saw a number of vets from various practices in the South Wales area then through here we found Jason Burgess at Wood Vets in Gloucester. Without doubt he saved Buttercup's life.

She had a severe head tilt, was rolling (I thought she was having fits but it turned out it was rolling), she had the eye flicker, couldn't stand and her head was so far twisted around it was unreal. Then the position of her head changed which meant she had one eye on the floor all the time, this became infected and very sore. I slept on the floor by the side of her cage for weeks with my hand in her bed holding her so that I would feel her every movement. When she was at her worst she would roll uncontrollably (what I thought was fitting) and this usually happened between about 2 and 5am so I would stay up with her then It had a massive impact on my life and health too as I work full time, even my family and friends were telling me to let her go.

Buttercup has made a full recovery, it was slow but definite and now you would not be able to tell that she had ever been ill. She must be about 6 now and enjoys her bunny life fully.

A while ago someone on here 'told me off' for saying that Buttercup had made a full recovery explaining that EC can come back at anytime. I am not naive, EC can reoccur but right now I am comfortable to say the words that Buttercup has made a full recovery. Anything else we will deal with as and when required.

Good luck, hang in there and think about the many buns like Buttercup who have gone on to lead full, happy lives xxx :wave:

No he suffers no other problems at all, eats everything fine, drinks out of a bottle fine.

Just like one of the others.

Hello :wave:

My little Girl Gypsy has EC. It was horrendous to see :( she had head tilt and kept rolling and just laying there on the floor unresponsive. The vet did not look hopeful at all.

However after a medacam injection, a course of oral medacam and baytril by mouth as well as panacur and syringe feeds she came on in leaps and bounds :D

We were very lucky in that the rolling and needing to be syringe fed didn't last any longer than 3 days. Her head tilt is gone completely and at the moment she seems to have no lasting effects from the EC. I am very cautious in saying this as I know that no bun is ever cured as such as the EC remains in the system forever and can come back at any time. Lets just say Gypsy is in remission.

I did have a scare with her eyes ( EC buns can get uvetits ) but after a vet checked her over it was an age realated problem not a EC related problem.

I guess I can cautiously say that Gypsy is a success story. It's been 7 months since the head tilt and rolling and she remains healthy at this time.

I really hope your bun will get through this too.

Back