• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would anyone buy an omlet eglu to use as a run only?

Bea & Floss

Mama Doe
Just the above question really. I have one and I don't know what to do with it, I don't want to sell it on eBay and it be used as accommodation :? Like wise if it goes to the dump someone will nab it and do the same.

It does work brilliantly as a run for piggies or as an extra add on for rabbits. I used it for a while while I was building the big bunny enclosure and the girls did love it, I connected it to their hutch via a runaround tunnel.

This gives you the idea, the run is 2 meters long

065d628c.jpg

What should I do with it? Any ideas? :)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?288464-Girls-in-the-runaround&highlight=Runaround

Last edited:
I'll be watching this thread as I also have one I can't use, can't sell (won't sell for housing atleast) and have no space to store any more.

Anyone know what to do with 2 unwanted and unused Eglus?:lol:

If dumping it was an option then I imagine a lot of people would love the hut just to put in a run if it wasn't too much money, and the run part you could use for protecting flowerbeds?

Is it one specifically for bunnies? I wanted to take my chooks to nursery for the day when we learn about farms and something like that would be ideal if only used for the day and also as a spare if ever one needed separating due to illness. How much are you looking for it?

I'd be interested depending on how much you wanted for it as a run for Mr Banoffee Pie (guinea-pig). I want to start putting him in the garden during the day once the weather is more settled and at the moment don't have a spare run. I am intending getting him a friend as soon as I can find a sole male guinea-pig in rescue.

Could it be possibly be used as indoor housing? Obviously outside if it's cold outside they only have a tiny space to snuggle up in but indoors there isn't really that problem?

I'd be interested depending on how much you wanted for it as a run for Mr Banoffee Pie (guinea-pig). I want to start putting him in the garden during the day once the weather is more settled and at the moment don't have a spare run. I am intending getting him a friend as soon as I can find a sole male guinea-pig in rescue.

Yes it would be perfect for him as a run, but not to live in or stay in overnight as the bed area is small. As a daytime run (when the weather is warm) it has a lot of advantages over a wooden run, the house bit provides somewhere dry and cosy and there is a food bowl, hay rack and water bottle holder inside. It's is also complete doddle to clean out.

I'm not sure how much, I will have a look on eBay to get an idea of price they are going for.

Also just a reminder my one has a runaround flower connector cut into the side so it can be connected to a hutch or shed via a runaround tube but it has a perspex cover so it can be blocked off. Its one like this

http://runaround.flyingcart.com/index.php?p=detail&pid=92&cat_id=

Might be good for a tortoise? Or coturnix quail if the wire has small enough bar spacing? Could also be used as a playpen for animals, just as a safe way for indoor guinea pigs or rabbits to get some sunshine and be able to dig and eat grass for a little while.

Yes it would be perfect for him as a run, but not to live in or stay in overnight as the bed area is small. As a daytime run (when the weather is warm) it has a lot of advantages over a wooden run, the house bit provides somewhere dry and cosy and there is a food bowl, hay rack and water bottle holder inside. It's is also complete doddle to clean out.

I'm not sure how much, I will have a look on eBay to get an idea of price they are going for.

Also just a reminder my one has a runaround flower connector cut into the side so it can be connected to a hutch or shed via a runaround tube but it has a perspex cover so it can be blocked off. Its one like this

http://runaround.flyingcart.com/index.php?p=detail&pid=92&cat_id=

No, Mr Banoffee Pie lives indoors but I would really like him to go outside during the day in the nicer weather, especially when I am out there with the rabbits and cats. My runs aren't suitable for a guinea-pig as they don't have lids and I don't have a spare one anyway. My cats are fine with my bunnies but I would never risk them with a guinea-pig even when I am there to supervise.

In the winter I could then use it as an add-on to Furby and Faye's hutch/run (as you have done) to give them a little more space.

To The Duchess

I'll be watching this thread as I also have one I can't use, can't sell (won't sell for housing atleast) and have no space to store any more.

Anyone know what to do with 2 unwanted and unused Eglus?:lol:
Can you please PM me I know someone who may be interested in them for her chickens.
Thanks.:wave:

Donate them as emergency cages to a rescue. When I rescued a bun, she had to spend the night in a small dog crate, but it was a thousand times better then what she came in - it was clean for a start. I'm sure most rescues would have some used for them.

I use mine as a run and shelter for my piggies. I have a big cover over the run part of mine to keep the rain off. It gets quite hot inside the house part in the summer, but they seem to like using it as a sauna! They don't stay in it overnight as there isn't much living space. As a run and hut for piggies for day use it is ok though.

Donate them as emergency cages to a rescue. When I rescued a bun, she had to spend the night in a small dog crate, but it was a thousand times better then what she came in - it was clean for a start. I'm sure most rescues would have some used for them.

I am a rescue :D and this was donated to me and I would never ever use it for rabbits even for emergencies as it's just not suitable.

That's why it's been sat at the end of my garden for about 5 years :D

I do have emergency dog crates and even emergency 6ft hutches that I don't normally use (we use wendy houses, Forsham Really Big Hutches or Kernow Hutches) but that I would in case of an absolute dire emergency and funnily enough, Bea and Floss has one of my 6fters in her garden so that would be high on my list for emergency accommodation (still in her garden) :lol:

Last edited:
Back