• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some vibes please...Sweetpea..She's gone :(

louise and Gus

Wise Old Thumper
Poor little Sweetpea is not eating and really bloated, off to the vets now, some vibes would be appreciated. She is obviously in pain :(

Last edited:
It's not looking good :( Her stomach is extremely distended, so much it's affecting her breathing, my vet said it was too serious to wait and see so she is going to be sedated, xrayed and have a tube down her throat to release the gas, then if she gets though that deal with the cause. My vet made someone else take his appointments so he could do it straight away, I could tell by his manner it is really serious :( :(

So sorry, I really hope she can come through this.

Your vet sounds wonderful, at least she's in good hands.

Lou is still waiting for the vet to ring her back, Sweetpea is in an incubator and is critically ill - but at least she's still fighting and the very bunny savvy vet is on duty so fingers crossed...

My vet called earlier, he manged to get the gas out, she nearly died during the process, there was a lot if pressure in her heart so it nearly stopped, but recovered and is quite bright, her stomach started to fill again so they tubed her again but it wasn't so bad, he suspects a blockage but doesn't want to operate so wants to wait and see, he has shown the vet on duty what to do and will pop in tomorrow, even though he is off...so basically she's comfortable and bright at the moment, but the cause hasn't gone away..William assures me the vet in duty is competent and sweetpea isn't in any pain at the moment, will call in the morning to see how things are.

Back