• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reiki on rabbits..........

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
............and other animals.

I've recently qualified to now practise reiki. :D:D

Ever since I did my Reiki 1 ( many years ago),I have always just helped the animals.

Now having done Reiki II I can do so much more.:D

Just asking to hear about your ideas and opinions on such a subject.

Obviously though most of my work is and will be animal based....................rabbits in particular.

Sharing your ideas, thoughts feelings would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

You should speak to my mum. She always sends reiki to Grim when he's ill and picks up on all sorts I haven't told her. :wave:

Reiki is sort of like spiritual healing which uses the inner energy of the person performing it. Someone who practices it can probably give a better explanation.

............and other animals.
I've recently qualified to now practise reiki. :D:D
Ever since I did my Reiki 1 ( many years ago),I have always just helped the animals.
Now having done Reiki II I can do so much more.:D
Just asking to hear about your ideas and opinions on such a subject.
Obviously though most of my work is and will be animal based....................rabbits in particular.
Sharing your ideas, thoughts feelings would be really appreciated.
Thank you.

Hi :wave:

I'm @Reiki Master level & also practice reiki on animals. That's great you've now done your Reiki 2 as you'll also be able to discover how great distant healing can be for animals :)

I've found that animals respond fantastically to the energy & often fall asleep during a session :)

For those that don't know what Reiki is, it's a natural healing energy therapy which is based upon the method of hands-on-healing. It is pronounced 'Ray Key' & means 'Universal Energy'. Eastern medicine has always recognised and worked with this energy which flows through all living things & is vital to well-being. It is a holistic system for the body, mind, emotions and spirit and is a gentle & non-invasive complementary therapy. Reiki promotes the self-healing process, pain relief & energy rebalancing. It has preventitive qualities, so it is great for boosting the immune system & also acts as a relaxant. Hope that helps for those that are interested.

I use Reiki on my animals, through strangely forget to find time to do it to myself. Animals seem very receptive to the energy/heat.

Wonderful! :D I'd love to have a go myself but I worry how it'd affect my health, is it quite energy draining (physical energy that is) :wave:

I still don't fully understand how reiki is performed. I have googled and googled and can not find anything that tells exactly how it is performed. I do understand that it is a type of energy based hands on healing but if you were to do it to Julie what exactly would you be doing to her? I understanding is that it is a type of massage. If so how can one send it to an animal or do it long distance?

It's not massage, in fact it isn't necessary to touch the 'patient' or recipient at all. I am only level 1 attuned, so I cannot perform distance reiki, although I do believe in the power of positive thinking and energy.

Just imagine that the palms of your hands are a conduit of the energy in your body - just as you would naturally place your head in your hands when you feel like giving your head or eyes some relief. You may feel heat in the connection. It's this - energy - which can be heat.

When you pass your hands over a body, you can pick up the differing levels of energy travelling or being drawn through your hands. Animals or humans who naturally need more energy for 'healing' will draw more from you as the giver.

I have my reiki second degree and find it often helps with a poorly animal. If I have to leave a furry one at the vet overnight I will send him or her distance healing. It makes me feel more connected and, hopefully, helps settle the bun/cat.

I work in mental health and am not allowed to use reiki on my clients but I can use it on their pets. Sadly, it can't work miracles and animals still die but I find reiki can encourage a deeper sense of peace. I used it on Debbie's (purplebumble's) Bertie and she said she noticed a difference. He did go to the Bridge a couple of weeks later.

I gave Rosie (Bluesmum's daughter) some reiki when she had a poorly tummy and I think it helped.

If I am giving reiki to a child or an animal who can't give informed consent I always do it in such a way that they can move away if they don't like the way it feels.

Like Helen I very rarely remember to use reiki on myself.

Back