• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wilbur "Wide eyed and legless"

JJS

Alpha Buck
Wilbur the bunny was found with leg badly needing amputation - he is now recovering from his operation.:

WILBUR002.jpg

First night at home with his bandage on

wilburday2002.jpg

Second night at home - naked - didnt like bandages.....

wilburday2001.jpg

Second night :roll:

Wilbur2001.jpg

Wilburs temporary "pad":wave:

He is even now using the hay box as a litter tray - and loves candy striped bedding and re-arranges it with just one front paw very nicely indeed !! :thumb:

Wilbur2002.jpg

Love this little guy.:love::love::love:

Couldnt have done it without the three J's though..... god bless them for support in all ways.:love::love::love::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Vets tomorrow for post op check - 3.30....nice vet ladies waiting for him..... he cant wait....................:shock::shock::shock:
Jxxxx

Last edited:
Aww he looks so cute, hope he has a speedy recovery and learns quickly that he only has one front leg

What a star Wilbur is! :love:

Just look at him in his batchelor pad - he won't want to leave you know ....... ;) :lol::lol:

What a star Wilbur is! :love:

Just look at him in his batchelor pad - he won't want to leave you know ....... ;) :lol::lol:

He wont ever leave my heart :love: - no bunny I have known has ever kissed me:shock: !! He does - lifts his head to your face and gently whiskers you - absolutley marvellous after what he must have been through - we will never know - but he still trusts.:love::love:

Feeeling my way though this post op care really - but he seems happy with his lot.

Sending good night vibes for September and Paintbox Jxx

He wont ever leave my heart :love: - no bunny I have known has ever kissed me:shock: !! He does - lifts his head to your face and gently whiskers you - absolutley marvellous after what he must have been through - we will never know - but he still trusts.:love::love:

Feeeling my way though this post op care really - but he seems happy with his lot.

Sending good night vibes for September and Paintbox Jxx

You are doing an amazing job Julie :D He needed somewhere quiet, warm & safe, some good food and plenty of TLC. That'll be your place then :thumb::love: Enjoy your special time with him x

Wilbur is so gorgeous :love: Love his bachelor pad! I think you are doing a brilliant job of nursing him back to full health.

Thank you - he is now tucked in for the night - he has a snugglesafe under his stripey blankets in some newspaper - and has had some carrot tops to nomm on for supper. :)

He is one lucky , if legless, bunny and I will continue to do my best for him.:love:

A happy ending.He is gorgous.Bet he didnt take 5 minutes to get into your heart.xxxx

Sending him speedy recovery vibes and a noserub.Brave boy.xx

He is a wonderful little man and lucky to have all the J's on his side :love: hope he continues to recover well. Sending him lots of noserubs xx

so pleased hes doing well ... and well done to everyone who had a part in getting him so far ... im sure hes going to make a good recovery ... beautiful brave boy . :love:

He is so gorgeous and its so great to see him recovering so well, you are doing a great job and looks like you are getting through it together! :love::love:
What a cutie! :love:

He is just so scummy I just want to cuddle him :love:

You are right ......... I havent cuddled him cos I dont want to hurt him , scared of doing that ......... but he is a fuss pot on his own level.......I get down on his level :shock: and he kisses me :)...... I am laid in my porch covered in bits of hay and its wonderful........:roll::roll:

Just when you think you cant possibly cram anything else into your life...... A Wilbur arrives and teaches you what trust and patience really is.

:love::love::love:

Nothing better than being covered in hay bunny fluff and bunny kisses :love:

He clearly has such an affinity for you which is so nice considering the rough time he has has of things and he seems to be going from strength to strength which is lovely to read about. He is definitely a special little bunny

I wonder if Jill would notice if he never arrived at hers ;)

Nothing better than being covered in hay bunny fluff and bunny kisses :love:

He clearly has such an affinity for you which is so nice considering the rough time he has has of things and he seems to be going from strength to strength which is lovely to read about. He is definitely a special little bunny

I wonder if Jill would notice if he never arrived at hers ;)

" I must not get attached.......:roll:............I must not get attached.............:shock:..........i must not get attached............:(...."

" I must not get attached.......:roll:............I must not get attached.............:shock:..........i must not get attached............:(...."

It is so so hard not too but no matter what happens you will always be Aunty J that made him all better :love:

Back