• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

no wee for 24+hrs

joeydoodle

Warren Scout
Hi, Joey has been at HoneyBunnies for bonding but unfortunately it didn't work out as he was being very fruity and doing a lot of humping (and biting) :( so he came home last night - he's been a bit off today, lots of sleeping and not moving around much - at first I thought it was just exhaustion from the bonding :roll: but I'm not so sure now? I usually change his litter tray every other day, but I checked it tonight to make sure he's pooing ok, which he is, but he hasn't had a single wee since he's been back here!

could there be a problem with his boy bits not working properly from the humping? :oops: his litter tray is uauslly pretty soaked with wee after two days and it just seems odd that he hasn't had any at all :? He seems to be eating fine and has been drinking water

I've messaged Jill to check he was weeing ok when he was there ... but does anyone have any ideas? should I be worried/doing something!! very concered about him :(

Is he drinking normally?

Could be a problem with his waterworks. Personally I'd involve the vet as soon as possible; if he's not had a wee for 2 days and simply can't go i.e. due to a blockage, he will be very, very uncomfortable.

Is he drinking normally?

Could be a problem with his waterworks. Personally I'd involve the vet as soon as possible; if he's not had a wee for 2 days and simply can't go i.e. due to a blockage, he will be very, very uncomfortable.

I definitely agree if it were 48 hours :thumb:

I've also said that I would contact the vet if at all worried :thumb::wave:

Last edited:
Is he drinking normally?

he has drank more than usual today from his ramekin and water bottle. I brought him in before to check below for signs of swelling and felt his tummy and he didn't show any signs of pain? he just isn't himself, but it's hard to tell as he's been away for 10 days and his hormones are probably all over the place. But he has been very sleepy today :(

Fluffers asked if he had been weeing else where, but I've checked all over the patio and around his litter tray - but he always does it in the tray :?

If you are 100% certain he's not had a wee for 24+ hours then you have absolutely no choice but to take him to the vet.

Have you checked that his penis is not very sore or that the foreskin is 'stuck' pulled back ?

I wouldn't know where to start :oops: I checked for swelling and it all looks the same as usual I think :?
Just been out and checked him again - he's eating hay downstairs in his run but still no wee :?

I wouldn't know where to start :oops: I checked for swelling and it all looks the same as usual I think :?
Just been out and checked him again - he's eating hay downstairs in his run but still no wee :?

If all looks ok re his bits then he may just have done a lot of spraying during the bonding attempt and consequently he will have a very empty bladder. If he has been drinking a lot this evening then he should have passed some wee by the morning xx

If all looks ok re his bits then he may just have done a lot of spraying during the bonding attempt and consequently he will have a very empty bladder. If he has been drinking a lot this evening then he should have passed some wee by the morning xx

Good point :thumb: Possibly a bit dehydrated from all the 'excitement' & then the journey home too?

Back