• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit bonders in the south - Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berkshire, Surrey or near needed!

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
Hi Im looking for a rescue or bonder to bond my existing pair with my single bun Bella.

They are all neutered , LiLy was the last to be done she was spayed on Wednesday so Ideally we need to wait 6 weeks before bonding.

I've never bonded a trio so don't feel comfortable about doing it and I'm a bit worried I will do it wrong.

We live in Wiltshire and don't mind travelling and hour or so to get them bonded.

many thanks, Jack

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol:bless you bumping and waving like mad for a response:p...I dont know bonders down that way...buuut Im sure someone will come along soon!

I bonded my trio...it worked - I slept in the lounge for a week...was quite tired with trying to work too...but never left the lounge for the whole time except if I had my OH to stand in for me. BUT I went on hols and the bond broke..long story - neighbours bunny came to visit...so now have to rebond but just havent had the time yet....

Calmness, neutral territory is essential...and of course vinigar their cages so when you move them ot their original homes they are smelling neutral too.;)

I'm in Hampshire and have bonded a fair few buns - six being my biggest group and I did a quad earlier this year - but am not a rescue.

I am, however, considering offering a bonding service, charging (sorry) and using the money to put towards my eleven buns' vaccinations. I would need your buns for a week at least but would provide regular photos and updates. I know how hard it is to be without a beloved pet for just a night, let alone a whole week.

I am bonding a pair of buns for someone on here the week after next but I could do your trio after that if you can't find a rescue or anyone who lives nearer to you.

As well as my own buns I have bonded a pair for a young couple in Eastleigh and I know they were really pleased with the way things went.

I bond in my bedroom so it is more comfortable for me overnight (tried the lounge but the settee was extremely lumpy). I can bond around my job as I have flexible hours and do a lot of work from home in one and consecutive nights off in the other, so I don't need to take the whole week off.

Have a think about it. I am a fair way away from you though so there are probably rescues who offer a bonding service much nearer.

Last edited:
thank you Rhianna

Chelle - Lily is doing well, they are back out in the shed, she has nibbled pellets and is charging down for a treat, she is so lively I had to lock their bunny flap so they could not go in the run today :lol:

thank you Rhianna

Chelle - Lily is doing well, they are back out in the shed, she has nibbled pellets and is charging down for a treat, she is so lively I had to lock their bunny flap so they could not go in the run today :lol:

oh that sounds great - she is perking up and lively...yeah just keep her area small even though she might want to run and jump...she really needs to wait for at least 5 days to heal nicely....sounds like its all gone really well...well done!:p

oh that sounds great - she is perking up and lively...yeah just keep her area small even though she might want to run and jump...she really needs to wait for at least 5 days to heal nicely....sounds like its all gone really well...well done!:p

yep, im so pleased with her :D

Yes, sorry Jack. Wish I could help, but just not enough hours in the day and I'm constantly playing catch up. Got 49 bunnies here this weekend and that's not unusual and takes me a while to clean out and check/feed.

Still recovering from the last bonding I did that went home yesterday - a trio that took 10 days. Worth the effort as it was to rehome a bunny who'd been here for over a year to go with a lovely pair of girls and a great home. Lots of sleepless nights and chasing, but totally in love now.

I do hope that you can get some assistance or can have a go yourselves. Good luck with it. I'll send you the info over in a while.

Helen

Yes, sorry Jack. Wish I could help, but just not enough hours in the day and I'm constantly playing catch up. Got 49 bunnies here this weekend and that's not unusual and takes me a while to clean out and check/feed.

Still recovering from the last bonding I did that went home yesterday - a trio that took 10 days. Worth the effort as it was to rehome a bunny who'd been here for over a year to go with a lovely pair of girls and a great home. Lots of sleepless nights and chasing, but totally in love now.

I do hope that you can get some assistance or can have a go yourselves. Good luck with it. I'll send you the info over in a while.

Helen

Hi helen, Dont worry it is fine, I understand that your busy, It takes me an hour to do my bunnies let alone having to do 49. I saw the pictures on facebook, they looked so happy :love: well done :thumb: thank you for all your help though I will try and see if I can find anyone else if not I'll try it myself next time we have a week off school.

thank you, send it when you have time, there is no rush.

:)

Hi Jack,

I know that the thread is quite old but I was curious if you managed to finally bond your trio?
I live in Basingstoke and have a bonded pair (male /female) and want my little female Mozzy to join them but i don't have the nerves to do it myself.

Hi Jack,

I know that the thread is quite old but I was curious if you managed to finally bond your trio?
I live in Basingstoke and have a bonded pair (male /female) and want my little female Mozzy to join them but i don't have the nerves to do it myself.

Hi,

No I wasn't able to bond them in the end. I ended up getting a separate friend for the one on their own. It just seemed the easiest and right thing to do as my other pair had such an established bond although I did try to. It probably could've worked but I gave up when things got a bit heated between the females.

Thanks Jackie,

I suspect mine will not last if successful.
The bonded pair clicked within a minute when we tried to bond them which was very surprising and they are doing everything together since then.
Unfortunately, we lost mozzy's friend (she did not survived the spaying procedure) and now Mozzy is alone. I think it will be better to get her an adopted friend but we have limited indoor space and she might need to become an outdoor rabbit.
Thank you for your response.

Back