• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Domperidone query

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
Is it an antibiotic? I didn't think so but heard a vet who was advising my (inexperienced) vet say it was. These were not my rabbit-savvy vets, nb...:?

I'm sure I've had this to help with sickness associated with migraine - not an antibiotic.

Thank you all! :thumb:

Sorry my answer was so brief, I was on the phone when I typed it. My rabbits are given it as a gut mobility agent when they've had a stasis episode, it's used instead of Metaclopromide at the practice I go to (FHB).

According to MIMS (GP prescribing reference guide) it's given for: "epigastric sense of fullness, upper abdominal distension, regurgitation (obviously last one not in rabbits!).

That's what I thought. I couldn't remember the name of it once when at the emergency vet, all I could remember was that it sounded like a type of champagne! :oops::lol:

Yup, Dom Perignon :lol: I thought the same thing when we were given it post Scarlet's extractions in case she went into stasis.

Thank you. It's brilliant but also depressing to be on a forum where people are more informed than a few so-called vets! :?

Back