• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

False Advertising?

ljm-arnott

Young Bun
This morning I have received an email from a pet website (won't mention the name) that is advertising hutches for rabbits that have apparently been approved by the RWAF. The thing is they're tiny and look more like chicken coops to me. They've even got the RWAF logo next to the hutches and states that it meets their guidelines. Do I contact the RWAF or the website or both?!

Thanks for the link, the website IS on the list of retailers signed up to the scheme, however the sizes of the hutches that they are advertising as RWAF approved on their website are: L170xW90xH136cm and L183xD87xH98. This includes the hutch and run! They do say that rabbits need exercise in a secure run but new and unknowing rabbit owners are going to think that this is adequate. It even says that they can be used by chickens too. :roll:

Then that's correct according to the link those sizes are larger than the minimum size stated.

Whilst yes they still aren't massive its not false advertising

Thank you for your help. It does seem bad that this type of hutch and run combo is advertised like it is a 'good' home for a rabbit when in reality it isn't. I guess there are worse ones out there though. Thanks again.

Back