• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RU +Jacksjane, I need your help

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
Guys I wanna focus on the positive and believe we are going to move out of my ohs parents house.

I want to have your opinions. I want to make their set up,similar to what jacksjane has done but not pink as my oh will kill me :p

but in that style kind of like a run but bigger and taller, and with door, but not secured to the walls as I will be a rental.

I dont know how tall to go as I dont want to put a lid/cover etc.. over the top I will if necessary but how tall do you think id have to go so yuri and any other future buns dont jump out, I dont have to worry about yuki as shes not a jumper lol

Last edited:
I'm bad on heights but didn't want to read and run :oops:

Worth remembering some buns become jumpers.... :? Truffles is tiny but managed a kitchen work top unexpectedly.

how old are your bunnies? mine jumped less enthusiastically after they were three...

i use the dog run thingies for outside - puppy pens. each pair of buns has two pens put together. they don't jump out, but i have to be careful not to put the carriers they have for hides close to the sides of the pen, or they might try it. i love the pens. they are fairly flexible, can be moved around the house easily, if i need to split the buns because one is ill, i can do so but keep them in close contact.

eta: reason to split when ill - to check what is going in and coming out...i don't want them far apart because they would comfort each other.

Last edited:
I know my buns are not huge on jumping BUT def. will if they want to get somewhere...especially interesting or out of their area's if they feel enclosed or want more space....:p

Do you have alink to JacksJanes accomadation?

how old are your bunnies? mine jumped less enthusiastically after they were three...

i use the dog run thingies for outside - puppy pens. each pair of buns has two pens put together. they don't jump out, but i have to be careful not to put the carriers they have for hides close to the sides of the pen, or they might try it. i love the pens. they are fairly flexible, can be moved around the house easily, if i need to split the buns because one is ill, i can do so but keep them in close contact.

eta: reason to split when ill - to check what is going in and coming out...i don't want them far apart because they would comfort each other.

I already have the puppy pens my oh wants to do something similar to what I showed him jacksjane did. Its the same material as the wooden outside runs with mesh and a door for access in and out. Only we would make it so we dont have to build it into the wall and can fold up when we move.

I know my buns are not huge on jumping BUT def. will if they want to get somewhere...especially interesting or out of their area's if they feel enclosed or want more space....:p

Do you have alink to JacksJanes accomadation?
I cant find it >_< I looked for the link everywhere >_<

Yuki has leg issues so she doesnt really jump yuri on the other hand does... jacksjane doesnt put anything over the top of her set ups so they must be high enough to not allow the buns to jump out.

How high that is I dont know lol

Jacksjane I need yoooooou! lol

They don't have to have a solid top. We used to peg a voile type sheet over Sonny's run, so that he couldn't get out, but still had daylight through. I think 4' high and a soft cover would work.

It is impossible to say how high to make the side panels as some Rabbits are high jumpers/climbers, so are not. Side panels here range fom no more than 2ft in height up to about 5ft. It will be a case of seeing what works for you xx

It is impossible to say how high to make the side panels as some Rabbits are high jumpers/climbers, so are not. Side panels here range fom no more than 2ft in height up to about 5ft. It will be a case of seeing what works for you xx

thank you

could you link me to your set up I have been trying to explain to my oh it would be good if I could get a visual

Back